• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can any of you guys help with..

unclegrumpy

An original patch:
byrd.2.jpg

The design:
images

art of a2

unclegrumpy said:
An original patch:
byrd.2.jpg

The design:
images

Thanks for your help fellas..I knew I could rely on you. This is a really good looking patch that works well.. Plenty of action and an archetypal Walt Disney character. I don't know myself but I bet there's a story behind the character who may even have a name and probably a tenuous link the the actual unit..Anyone know??

EMBLEMHUNTER

art of a2 said:
unclegrumpy said:
An original patch:
byrd.2.jpg

The design:
images

Thanks for your help fellas..I knew I could rely on you. This is a really good looking patch that works well.. Plenty of action and an archetypal Walt Disney character. I don't know myself but I bet there's a story behind the character who may even have a name and probably a tenuous link the the actual unit..Anyone know??

If he had a "specific" name the guy that would know is on the US Militaria Forum.com and goes by
Disney Dave , look under the "Disney " section of the forum .
Johnny
The "Official" AF description in the squadron lineage book does not have him named .