• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cagleco G-1

chamboid

Just won and over the moon. Wrong thumbnail image, but it is a beatuful condition Cag in a size 38.
I have been after one of these for ages and finally own one for a great price. Think I was a bit lucky.

I am surprised at the sizing though I always though Caglecos came up small in sizing? But maybe that's a correct thing.

Will have the proper knits put on at some point. I am being lazy so if anyone has any info of the contract ie year and so forth it would be appreciated

Thanks Chamboid

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 0964524059

Roughwear

This particular Cagleco contract was issued in 1954. Well done on getting a great G-1 at a reasonable price.

johnwayne

Well done that man - I've 2 Cagleco's, a mint '53 (worn just today infact) and a near mint '57 but paid quite bit more than yours so you should be pleased with yourself! However, when I open the thread I see two different jackets on ebay so not sure which you have, the rounded clearly mouton collared version or the more pointed, what looks like a faux collared, G1?
I guess at the price you paid it really doesn't matter - I love mine, both fit like a proverbial glove a feel brill!! Enjoy!!!!!!!
cheers
Wayne

chamboid

Well it's listed as a Cag so hopefully it will be the Cag. Dont know the other one, but it's a later model I think.

chamboid

jacket arrived today, and its a keeper. Wanted one for ages. it's amazingly thick leather, and in great, if not excellent condition, will shoe some pictures soon, it's a little large around the waist but a nice fit

chamboid

So here are some pictures of the '54 Cag i picked up recently, great jacket, and a reasonably good fit. I should be a 36, but have never seen a Cag in that size.

The leather is the thickest of any USN jacket I own, and there is not a fault with it apart from the cuffs and waistband, which I will get replaced.

Photoon08-11-2012at12043.jpg

Photoon08-11-2012at12044.jpg

sorry for the less than mediocre images...

johnwayne

Hey, Chamboid that does look a good and the fit looks an 'about right' with exception of the sleeve knits!
Great buy clearly and worth getting the knits replaced - was airing my '57 Cag this weekend and have to say I always feel good when wearing it - who knows I might bump into you one day when were both wearing 'em!!!

cheers
Wayne