• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUZZ RICKSON'S AN-J-3A

indoverificator

Hi Again Everyone,

as I promised that I only want to share my collections to you and need your opinion regarding the value of my jacket since I am still no expert about few type of military jacket. how about this AN-J-3A, is it rare? and what is the suggested value of this jacket. I appreciated your help.

asiamiles

'Rare' is not the issue here. It's a Buzz leather jacket, and looks to be in decent shape, so it's certainly worth a few hundred.

B-Man2

Hi
As stated above the jacket worth approximately $275.00 - 375.00.
That’s just my opinion , their are other guys here who are better at this than I am, and may differ in their appraisals. If the jacket is in the larger range size 44 . It might increase the value a bit.
What size is it?

indoverificator

Hi
As stated above the jacket worth approximately $275.00 - 375.00.
That’s just my opinion , their are other guys here who are better at this than I am, and may differ in their appraisals. If the jacket is in the larger range size 44 . It might increase the value a bit.
What size is it?
its size 38, looks like i am gonna loss few hundred bucks for it since i paid more than that. but thats the consequences of buy and sell something. thank you for the appraisal. :)

B-Man2

its size 38, looks like i am gonna loss few hundred bucks for it since i paid more than that. but thats the consequences of buy and sell something. thank you for the appraisal. :)
Hi
Smaller size jackets have a limited sales market . But you might get $400.00 or $450.00 if you happen to appeal to someone looking for this particular makers jacket . I don’t think Buzz still makes this model so that’s another good thing if your looking to sell this jacket.

indoverificator

Hi
Smaller size jackets have a limited sales market . But you might get $400.00 or $450.00 if you happen to appeal to someone looking for this particular makers jacket . I don’t think Buzz still makes this model so that’s another good thing if your looking to sell this jacket.
this news cheers me a little bit, big thanks. ;)

Pilot

GLWYS, saw similar jackets in this small size on buyee.jp and yahoo.jp auctions...
As B-Man2 mentions... 300-350 US$... and no taker since more than a year...
Also in Japan... only larger sized repros are really wanted...
Different story for WW2 and other originals...they always go easy... regardless of the size... but original and in good cond.
GLWYS.

ausreenactor

eBay with a reserve or start with a BIN. Try that first. Where you did you purchase the jacket? Yahoo Japan has 36 & 38 sized jackets selling for a lot less than 42- 44 sized options. It is all supply and demand and size 38 stuff is more common on the second hand market.

indoverificator

eBay with a reserve or start with a BIN. Try that first. Where you did you purchase the jacket? Yahoo Japan has 36 & 38 sized jackets selling for a lot less than 42- 44 sized options. It is all supply and demand and size 38 stuff is more common on the second hand market.
I bought it from my friend. :)

stanier

Nice. Is that horse? Doesn’t look like goat.

I believe you are correct Mikey and I’d love a horse AN-j-3a at some point. I saw a very very nice one in the Real McCoys store in london a year or so ago and I’m kicking myself for not buying it. Pricey, but nicey!

asiamiles

I would agree with the general appraisals. 38 is the most popular size in Japan, but in the US for this type of garment it's probably more like 42 or even 44. Depending on how much you paid for and how much you want to get rid of it, I'd probably start it at $399...if it doesn't sell then you can then reduce it by $50, and then another $50 and so on.
The jacket would sell for a higher amount in Japan because this type of patched jacket is more appealing to the Japanese taste, but there is only services for buying from Yahoo!Auctions, Japan, not selling.

Last edited:

indoverificator

I would agree with the general appraisals. 38 is the most popular size in Japan, but in the US for this type of garment it's probably more like 42 or even 44. Depending on how much you paid for and how much you want to get rid of it, I'd probably start it at $399...if it doesn't sell then you can then reduce it by $50, and then another $50 and so on.
The jacket would sell for a higher amount in Japan because this type of patched jacket is more appealing to the Japanese taste, but there is only services for buying from Yahoo!Auctions, Japan, not selling.
TQVM for your advise, appreciated.