• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson A-10 gloves

stanier

I've been looking at the BR A-10 gloves and like the seal brown type with red cuffs, anyone know of there were A-10's made like this originally?

Any sizing tips on the BR A-10?

Cheers all

rich

stanier said:
I've been looking at the BR A-10 gloves and like the seal brown type with red cuffs, anyone know of there were A-10's made like this originally?

Any sizing tips on the BR A-10?

Cheers all

In Gear Up it says the A-10 was constructed of goatskin with camel hair lining and wool knit wrist, some A-10's were unlined.
Standardized in 1938 and saw service throughout WW2.

The photo shows a seal brown glove with red cuffs ....... hope that helps a bit.

Mac

I wonder if the reddish knits on the originals might indicate manufacture by Aero NY? The Buzz Rickson glove knits have a decidedly Beacon rust cast, and given BR attention to detail.... In any case the BR gloves look great and would go nicely with a seal Aero with rust knits.

Mac

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rich said:
In Gear Up it says the A-10 was constructed of goatskin with camel hair lining and wool knit wrist, some A-10's were unlined.
Standardized in 1938 and saw service throughout WW2.

Combat Flying Clothing makes a similar statement, adding ...

It was actually a "light" winter or "intermediate" glove and was noted for its very poor fit.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
And again, HPA is competitive with its pricing.

Price in Japan, 11,000 JPY w/o tax ... HPA, 125.00 USD.

stanier

Thanks for all the replies gents.

I think I'm going to give HPA a call tonight and order.

On the sizing front I've got a pair of Eastman Summer flying gloves size 9 that fit fine. If I order a 9 in the BR A-10 should that be trouble free?

Cheers all

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
stanier said:
On the sizing front I've got a pair of Eastman Summer flying gloves size 9 that fit fine. If I order a 9 in the BR A-10 should that be trouble free?

I don't have gloves, but you would think .... and since HPA also stock Eastman gloves, they will be able to advise.

Others may have had different experiences, but I found the staff at HPA to be friendly, helpful, and easy to deal with.

..... and they ship as a 'gift'. :D