• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz do it again! definitve M-41

Tim P

there are some pretty good repros already, the bar could not be raised much higher and, lover of rickson stuff though I am, cheaper, completely period correct ones are there to be had (ATF's next generation will be every bit as good)
I applaud every effort they make and this is all you would hope for from them but I cant see this one being a world beater, not by more than a nose anyhow.

havocpaul

It is the best looking repro at this moment in time, ATF keep promising better ones but then they make excuses about errors made by their supplier(s), the current ATF jacket is a case in point. To quote their site: "Imperfections: Despite having an unissued original on hand, and my specifications to the contrary, the manufacturer carried over several errors of previous jackets. These are relatively minor, but maddening for us after having spent nearly fifty thousand dollars on this project. The errors are- top stitching on the cuffs (there should be none), the waistband is 1/2" too narrow (that got confuddled with the Parson's), and the epaulets are 1/2" too short. No big deal to most people, but a few have gotten extremely indignant that they were raped for $125. These will be corrected, on the next run, which will probably be in 2010. Until then, if you do not want to be sodomized, feel free to save $50-60 and purchase one of the polyester bargain jackets from one of the other dealers. Keep in mind, those have all said mistakes, plus half a dozen more.."
The repros of these, much like the repro A-2's, vary considerably, too many of them have incorrect zippers, poor lining and folds and stitching that shouldn't be there, so for me the BR is on the case. I didn't check the price but would expect it to come into the UK around or less than their M-42 airborne jacket.

Tim P

HMMMMMMM!

£201
$327

Not as bad as I thought. still top end but not so high end as to make the small details poor value. I would buy one for that.

They will make up to a 42!!!! :roll:

havocpaul

I do hope ELC get some in, a 42 for me too please. It'll have a NOS Conmar zipper like their Tanker and M-42 jackets.

Swing

Hell, I forgot all about these coming out. IIRC, Charles was talking about the price being in the $325 range, and he was talking about having a special edition made with patches from an MTO P-47 sq. on it. Look forward to see them. Would make a nice upland hunting jacket.

~Swing

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
Thanks for posting, Paul .... I want one too. I've just sold my two originals, and was hoping that Buzz would eventually make one.

Buzz has made these before. I had one but didn't much care for the style of the jacket so moved it on.