• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz b15 on ebay

Rutger

Re: Buzz b15A on ebay

I can't tell right now, looking at it doesn't make me suspicious right away. The stencils may have been renewed, or it has been stored in the dark, or someone is doing a good job at creating a fake.
I can check my B15A(mod) tomorrow, would expect that to be darn near identical in all details, also the less obvious details.
Can't check on the details of the fur and the strap, maybe someone else is already able to spot by that if... or not.

omarco

thanks for the help. I didn't know those ones had corduroy pocket lining.. looks a nice jacket, i like that its a little rough.

Iv never seen a zipper box like that one..it has a talon puller but the box says 'canes'

ausreenactor

It IS a Buzz. Street Vintage regularly sell Buzz jackets in smaller sizes. The B-15A is a rare repro. I had the B-15A mod. The big one for the B-15A is the tiny lift the dots on the wire tabs under the sleeves. Corduroy lining on the pocket is another touch. Well worth up to $300 in that used condition.. Will probably only go to low-mid $200s due to location. That Stagg is bogus. Have one here in a 42. Removed the gawdy patches and fitted FEAF and 5th AAF patches and put rank on it to cover the stitch holes that just would not budge. Nylon 'burnt' into the fabric around the holes...I paid $116 for mine and happpy at that price...Out of Korea if I recall.

Couchy

A

Anonymous

I just do not trust much coming out of the Asian market place unless it's direct from MFG.

Rutger

I've bought many a Buzz from Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia and Korea, all of them without ever problems arising, and at very decent prices. A lot of feed back is good, little feed back but all very positive is good, two or three negatives within half a year with a lot of mud throwing is a no go.

Anyway, I compared with my B15A(mod) and although there are very slight differences, I'd buy it as a Buzz. The way of stitching is very much the same, the slider of the zip and the snaps of the left and right straps are actually identical. Mine has a different tag. Dunno the story about the "Canes" marked female part of the zip, Buzz has a bit of a habit of fiddling with zips and tags while the jacket remains exactly the same. Something like contract jacket or house jacket.

You may ask the seller for a pic of the Buzz Rickson tag that's usually in one of the pockets.

Google should bring up a lot of comparing material right up to minute details, always used that and helped me to spot the details with any Jap repro. Reading his feedback I'd want positively ID the jacket through google, but his reactions to feedback isn't of the ranting type.

Is it a size 40 ? Maybe I should give it a shot ;) .

omarco

Thanks for all the info! reckon i'll have a crack at it but i don't have tonnes of $$$'s to chuck at it so we'll see. Its unusual fora standard size to fit me being a bit tall for the short length but this one looks like it might just fit.