• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buried Treasure

Micawber

You UK members need to invest in metal detectors!

I did years ago...

BBC version ..

Silver Surfer

how about whole ancient cities buried deeply underground or water for centuries. wind, tide, moving sand, seismic upheavals, etc. or for that matter, building foundations found 20-30 feet underground in nyc, Rome, London, et al. Mother Earth giveth, and Mother Earth taketh away.

Lorenzo_l

How did that thing ever get that deep into the ground ? Amazing .

Being surplus to requirements right after the war, they were used as flood defenses in a flood-prone area. It was not hard for the successive tides over the years to dump sand and mud over the thing and burry it 30-feet deep!

busdrivermike

I know here in Canada in the northern areas with uranium mines
They entomb equipment like giant caterpillar tractors and diggers
In the mines As they become to radio active to use
And I read several years ago they were burying construction machines
In London England, a future mystery to be discovered

Micawber

"The amphibious vehicle was one of 16 deployed to protect the town in March 1947 after floods caused the nearby River Welland to burst its banks
However, as the flood waters were pumped back, five of the 26ft-long machines floated away. One was later recovered, two sank in fishing pits and two sank into a hole"