• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny on a P-38....

ties70

Hi,

I found the original on the internet....haven't been able to find out what squadron it was made for. Maybe an early draft for the 14th Photo Recon?

The start:
Bunny_1.jpg

First colours:
bunny_2.jpg

The plane:
bunny_3.jpg

...and here is the current status:
bunny_5.jpg

It would be great if somebody can give me some hint about the origin / squadron!

Ties

Dr H

Ties, that's a fine piece of draughtsmanship - Walt himself would have been proud to have executed that...

ties70

better duck said:
Very professionally done. Are you in the dtp or graphics industry Ties?

Peter,

no, just a degree from law schol and a couple of years in the PR business. Actually, I get my money for talking but hey, that's something you gotta be creative, too!

Ties

A

Anonymous

Hi Ties here is a little info from one of my books ,as I say not much .It appears you have the early version and the approved version was worked up a little .

010-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

008-6.jpg

All the best Jeff

ties70

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the info!

That's what I thought...well, should be even more fun to do the late version :)

Ties

Andrew

ties70 said:
better duck said:
Very professionally done. Are you in the dtp or graphics industry Ties?

Peter,

no, just a degree from law schol and a couple of years in the PR business. Actually, I get my money for talking but hey, that's something you gotta be creative, too!

Ties

Ties, i've said it before but from someone who draws everyday for a crust your quality of linework, proportion and brushwork are superb.

A

Anonymous

Andrew here is a guy who should be making a patch for Ed Crabtree ,the most professional art work I have seen ,not semi pro full pro ;) .

All the best Jeff

ties70

DUBOWA2 said:
Andrew here is a guy who should be making a patch for Ed Crabtree ,the most professional art work I have seen ,not semi pro full pro ;) .

All the best Jeff

:oops: just learning from you, Jerome and the others...

bunny_complete.jpg

If you don't mind then I would really like to paint your patch design, maybe this weekend...seems as if I am in "Bunny mood"...

Ties

A

Anonymous

Ties you have set the bar much higher than I can ever achieve ,I can paint but not to the level you do .My problem the smaller the drawing the more I struggle with getting the subject sharp especially with expressions on cartoon type faces .I would love to see your painted version of the 530th BS patch .All the best Jeff

Andrew

Ties, give up your day job, that is excellent work. Next time I get a painted patch i'll check how long your waiting time is ;) .

What kind of paints are you using?

EMBLEMHUNTER

the patch with bugs riding the P-38 is the first design for the 435th Fighter Squadron when of course they flew P-38's they later switched to P-51's and went to the second design of the 435th of an american eagle standing on a cloud holding a 50 cal machine gun under wing and there are some stars above him on a ringed round background ,this one was for thier P-51 era.
Johnny "Siggy" Signor
[email protected]