• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson m421a

Sideslip

I have a 5* m421a which I am very happy with, but Bronson seem to carry them now as well. There are some close-ups of the material but not sure what kind of cotton it is.

B-Man2

I have a 5* m421a which I am very happy with, but Bronson seem to carry them now as well. There are some close-ups of the material but not sure what kind of cotton it is.

How’s the 5 Star as far as sizing ?
Do they run pretty true to the listed size ?

Sideslip

How’s the 5 Star as far as sizing ?
Do they run pretty true to the listed size ?
I would say yes. I ended up going for a stock size and it was spot on. it's a great summer weight jacket as it is loose so the air flows around, but heavy enough to block a mild breeze. I did reach out to Shaun at the time and he confirmed the dimensions to me. I know others have had adjustments made with varying degrees of satisfaction (I think in one case, someone said that they should have stuck with the original size, but I can't remember where I read that). I wondered about having the waist taken in about an inch, but my wife and son immediately said that it fit well as it was and not to mess with it. For the price (of either the 5* or Bronson), it's a pretty good buy.

The question might be what material they use and what the colour of the actual jacket vs the photos is.

Adraco4

Oh dang. Had I known they were going to come out with that, I might have held off getting the fivestar version, and then got my m421a and c2 sweater from Bronson at the same time.

coolhandluke

Was waffling back and forth between purchasing a size 38 or 40. I guess that decision was made for me. Size 40 is already OOS. Fingers crossed that the sleeves aren't too short on the 38.

sammy

I've been thinking of ordering the 5* one for a while, but for one reason or another never got around to it, I've just looked at the Bronson one and I really like the look of their's so decided to go for that - I like that the label is sewn onto the inside pocket and not on the neck, where you would see the stitching, and the diamond shape re-enforcing on the sleeves look to be a little smaller and less obtrusive than on the 5* one, how accurate these two details are to an original I don't know, but I'm not worried to be honest.
Looking forward to it arriving... looks to be a great jacket for the summer.

Skyhawk

Reminds me of the old WPG jackets. I don't like the new Talon zip. Looks more like a cheap fashion zip than a 1940's zip. Their other ones were more convincing.
Screenshot 2024-03-22 073011.jpg

B-Man2

Was waffling back and forth between purchasing a size 38 or 40. I guess that decision was made for me. Size 40 is already OOS. Fingers crossed that the sleeves aren't too short on the 38.

Already sold out??
If history repeats itself, that means that they’ll be sold out for at least the next 6 months to a year. Makes you wonder just how many jackets in each size are made by Bronson each year .

coolhandluke

Already sold out??
If history repeats itself, that means that they’ll be sold out for at least the next 6 months to a year. Makes you wonder just how many jackets in each size are made by Bronson each year .

A few more size 40's and 42's were added to the site yesterday evening, so I placed an order for a 40 as well. I've received a shipping notification on the 38, but not the 40. Hopefully it wasn't just an inventory glitch and they actually had the 40 in stock that I purchased.