• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson and BD sizing question

stanier

I’m thinking of ordering a few Bronson and / or Bob Dong items. No jackets, but maybe a t shirt / shirt or two etc.

However reading all the listed measures on eBay, for example, the posts and some of the feedback on eBay and other forums I’m confused about sizing. I’m left wondering if Chinese inches and centimetres are shorter that the rest of the worlds equivalents. Anyway, can anyone guide? If a Bronson or BD item says a chest measure is 21 inches, will it be 21 inches as we all know 21 inches or something else?

Cheers all

B-Man2

While I’ve purchased jackets from both companies , I’ve never bought a T-shirt from either one. What I can share with you is that in the smaller size ranges up to a 42 most of their jackets fit spot on or in some cases just a shade trim for the size listed. Most complaints about sizing stem from the fact that the letter sizes they list on their size charts, doesn’t relate to the number sizes we normally associate with that size . For example, in what world is a size 44 equal to a size XXL? That’s all I have... hope it helps.

zoomer

The sizes stop there because they never intended to sell these repros outside Asia. Two big reasons:
1. Mass merchandising in the West has no place for vintage styles, unless modified to fit industry trends.
2. Asian prejudice against large or heavy people is very real - even offering larger sizes creates a poor image.

Greg Gale

Stainer, we both wear size 40 ELC Stars, so size L (40) Bronson jackets will fit you perfectly. Mines are all Large.

stanier

Thanks for the input gents, most useful, and I think I know where I am now. Cheers Chris

kirova

For example, in what world is a size 44 equal to a size XXL? That’s all I have... hope it helps.

you gotta remember us Chinese/Asians are (in general) much smaller/slimmer then the typical Westerner, it is pretty rare for anyone who wears size 44 over there.

When I used to weight 100+kg, and I couldn't buy any clothes when I was visiting my parents back home in HK, shops only stock jeans sizes up to 36 or 38 (not much help for me when I was a 44), most of the time, the moment I walk into any clothes shop, the attendants would tell me that they don't have anything in my size. I am 176cm and are considered quite tall over there.

stanier

Sorry but just on that point I think a 44 is an XXL too, isn’t it? In my experience:

M = 38
L = 40
XL = 42
XXL = 44
XXXL = 46

Is that not normal whether Asia or not? The only exception I find is US sizing where I have to go medium as an L drowns me!

kirova

from my own experience anyway, Asian cloth sizes tends to be at least half to one size smaller then their Western counterpart.

ie a XL t-shirt over there fits more like a slim L in the West, and don't even bother asking for XXL :(

but then again, even in the West, cloth sizes differs from manufacturer to manufacturer as well, so it could've been just my bad luck :)