• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

British Burma Blood Chit

Skip

Bit of a long shot, but has anyone ever seen a photo, or have information on groups and squadrons that used this apparently rare style of blood chit?

http://cbi-theater-4.home.comcast.net/~ ... bc-17.html

I'm asuming (and maybe wrong) it was later than the AVG chit, interested to know when it came into use. Seen photos of Chinese/American chits but not these.

havocpaul

They were worn by aircrew that flew over Burma in particular and as the Burmese would not have recognised (or even welcome) the usual Chinese flag chits and knew the Union flag, it was of more use in that area. I have seen photos of them being worn inside flight jackets often alongside the more usual chits. Rare now but not that uncommon then. RAF crew had their own silk chits with multi-language text including Burmese. They were of a later period than AVG chits .

Skip

Thanks havocpaul. I've read that later in the war chits were worn more frequently inside the jacket as you said, to avoid becoming a marker for target practice. But would love to see any photos of them on the back of A-2's, as it would be handy for a future jacket project I have in mind.