• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRITISH ARMY UNIFORM WOOLEN SCARF ORIGINAL WWII

Andrew

I don't know if they actually are orig WWII scarfs but I bought one and I like it. It's very short at 28"(71cm) but I suppose that's just so you don't have a heap of material stuffed down your jacket. They are made as a tube then flattened and the ends are sewn up. Nice maker stamp too. I hope they are real, I haven't seen anything like it to compare. Pretty darn cheap.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400271771306 ... 1439.l2649

P1020954.jpg

P1020958.jpg

P1020959.jpg

PADDY_M

Andrew - I think I'm right in saying that it is a 'cap comforter.' So, you can use it as a little scarf, but you can also make a 'commando' type hat out of it which can then be worn under a helmet or by itself.

Still used in the British Army (usually during initial training these days).

Paddy.

Andrew

I love this thing. What a great design. I ordered another! Much cheaper alternative to an original watch cap.

Here's Bluey modelling various ways to wear it...

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

Andrew

Received the second one I ordered. This one is thinner wool, lighter in colour and is slightly larger (30x8.5" vs 28x8"). A bit tighter so not so useful as a cap. Very happy as I wouldn't get use from a big scarf but this is less buky and great for driving with the roof off in Winter.

Marcel look I shaved...

P1030043.jpg

P1030046.jpg

P1030017-Copy.jpg