• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brill Bros G1 (diferrenct zippers and name tags) are they legit?

dtai

Hi Guys, if anyone could help me out with my G1 Brill Bros. My friend and I both have G1 Brill Bros which I think are in the Vietnam War era. somehow both have different labels and zippers. are both of them legit?

Attachments

• IMG_8390.JPG
    IMG_8390.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_8391.JPG
    IMG_8391.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_8393.JPG
    IMG_8393.JPG
    437.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_8396.JPG
    IMG_8396.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_8400.JPG
    IMG_8400.JPG
    678.6 KB · Views: 204

MaydayWei

Hi Dtai,
Yes, both are legitimate.
One is a later 7823D (WP) model, and the other is a 7823E(AS); both are genuine issue and are simply different iterations of the same model of jacket (G-1); the latter E model being the most common of them all.
The E should be cow hide and the D should be Goat.
Because the D model is a late one the collar is faux fur; as are all E model collars.
However, both originally come with the paper clip-style zips. The jacket that has the talon has had the zipper replaced.
Rest assured, both of you great jackets.

dtai

Hi Dtai,
Yes, both are legitimate.
One is a later 7823D (WP) model, and the other is a 7823E(AS); both are genuine issue and are simply different iterations of the same model of jacket (G-1); the latter E model being the most common of them all.
The E should be cow hide and the D should be Goat.
Because the D model is a late one the collar is faux fur; as are all E model collars.
However, both originally come with the paper clip-style zips. The jacket that has the talon has had the zipper replaced.
Rest assured, both of you great jackets.

Thanks @Mayday Wei
What about the Zipper? The 7823E (AS) has a small Zipper

1615959099487.png

Last edited:

B-Man2

Looks to be a replacement zip . Look at the stitching up and down the zipper tape line for extra holes that will be there, unless it was replaced using the same original holes .

MaydayWei

Thanks @Mayday Wei
What about the Zipper? The 7823E (AS) has a small Zipper

View attachment 55411

Neither the D model or E model came with a small Talon zip. So, the jacket with the talon zip had its original zipper replaced. Both G-1s should have had a No.10 size Brass Paper-clip zip from a variety of manufacturers (Scovill, Conmar, Ideal, General, etc etc)

dtai

Neither the D model or E model came with a small Talon zip. So, the jacket with the talon zip had its original zipper replaced. Both G-1s should have had a No.10 size Brass Paper-clip zip from a variety of manufacturers (Scovill, Conmar, Ideal, General, etc etc)

@MaydayWei Thank you for your help. very appreciated it.
Cheers, Dtai