• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand spankin' new!

hacker

It's been a while....since I got a new new jacket.

I've been collecting Navy jackets for over thirty years, and I've seen all the usual "like new, mint, from a time capsule, blah, blah, blah" hype ...this one is the finest condition jacket I've ever seen!.......I would guess it was issued, and then placed in storage since. 1950's Dubow G-1, the Conmar zipper pull is still solid black, the teeth untouched. There is absolutely no wear anywhere!...Sonofagun fits great too!...First scratch will be mine :twisted:

IMGP3001.jpg

IMGP3004.jpg

Hacker

hacker

What's really nice is all my M422's are thick goat, and this baby is lighter weight....otherwise it's hard to justify another one......at least that's how I see it!!!! :lol:

Hack

hacker

Roughwear said:
What a terrific find, Hacker. Is the Dubow a good fit?

For me it is, I like jackets a bit long in the body, I don't like when they ride up on me. Fits like a true 42....sad remembering when I could squeeze in a 38 :oops:

bazelot

It almost looks like a GoodWear! Congrats!! Where did you get this one. I don't even think I would dare wear it.

Vcruiser

I was going to comment on how I like it..but afraid that I'd get scratched..or erased out again..so to speak.
Your ole Bud

hacker

Vcruiser said:
I was going to comment on how I like it..but afraid that I'd get scratched..or erased out again..so to speak.
Your ole Bud

You really know how to hurt a guy...... I still feel like cacca over that whole episode :shock:

El Sacco......ahh the good ole days

Atticus

Great find, Hacker! I agree with you...I would wear that jacket everytime I walked out the door. Its been patiently waiting since the 'fifties for someone to take it flying. Good to see that its gonna finally get the chance.

AF