• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand new Eastman Star with pics

mezz07

20_zpsca1d51d9.jpg

21_zps06b428c5.jpg

havocpaul

The new hides have much more character, if they could be a little less 'shiny' they'd be almost spot-on to originals, not just an Eastman issue BTW. I have always liked the Star, the darker seal in particular.

wheat1479

I have an Eastman bought from one of the members of the old sight.It is at least 7-8 yrs old seal and no wrinkles,grain and very spongy.I also have a russet one bought from a member about three years ago and it is showing a little grain.Under the collar is how I hope the rest of the jacket will look.The leather and color are great

Chandler

bseal said:
Sorry, I was doing my best Chandler impression.

And failing in epic proportions. :roll:

Am I a grain scoffer? Hardly -- it's cuff-tunneling that drives me crazy.

(notice this is my only post within...)

mezz07

I've had other Eastmans that were much shinier than this new Star, like the 1401P. Hopefully that trend will continue to decline in the future. I waited in vain for my 2005 Star to develop patina or some kind of grain or wrinkles. Unfortunately the leather on my old jacket was too flat and spongy and didn't change very much at all over time. I had to perform a light water treatment to get any kind of wear to show, even on the arms. It was my first Eastman and I loved it. But patina was not it's strong suit. But it was a beautiful and comfortable jacket that I will miss.