• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book 8th airforce

shiloh

Hi everybody,

Went to a military fair this morning and bought myself the book "8th airforce" American Heavy Bomber Groups in England, 1942-45. by Gregory Pons, published by Histoire & Collections. It's a great book, 192 pages with hundreds of photo's of airmen in flight jackets, flight gear, planes with nose art, etc, etc. I think I've seen just one or two photo's from this book in the large collection on this forum. Really a must have for every lover of flight jackets. Just smashing. One of the best books regarding the amount of original pics of airmen (wearing flight jackets) in action.

Btw, On this fair, I met a guy who received and was wearing his Good Wear A-2 Dubow Russet HH. Now I have seen it with my own eyes. It's the greatest A-2 repro I have ever seen. Highly grained HH leather and very great russet colour. Of course I always watch the pics on this forum but there is a difference between seeing a jacket on a photo or watching it "live" with your own eyes. I understund now that it's worth the waiting.
Great!!!

Regards,

Shiloh

Peter Graham

You're right, it's a great book. I have another book by the same publisher called "Spearheading D-Day" which is even better.

rich

His book on the 9th Air Force is excellent too, I bought it after someone here recommended it, sorry I forget who though.

CBI

both the 8th and 9th books are terrific. There is a 5th AF as well BUT its a much smaller soft cover volume that focuses on just the aircraft

Roughwear

rich said:
His book on the 9th Air Force is excellent too, I bought it after someone here recommended it, sorry I forget who though.

I have both books too and bought the one on the 9th AF on Paul's (Havocpaul) recommendation. BTW The Spiewak A2 seems to be a favourite of some of the models in both books. ;)