• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolivian pilots A-2 type jacket

oose

Hi all,
I came across this interesting image of three Bolivian pilots in 1934 wearing A-2 type jackets.

jacket-3.jpg

yours stu

Peter Graham

So the US sold A-2's to Bolivia. Interesting. Strange fit of those jackets, especially the guy on the left. Has anybody any idea what the aircraft is ? It's not a Ford Trimotor or a JU52.

Roughwear

Peter Graham said:
So the US sold A-2's to Bolivia. Interesting. Strange fit of those jackets, especially the guy on the left. Has anybody any idea what the aircraft is ? It's not a Ford Trimotor or a JU52.

Wearing thick service jackets underneath their A2s does not help the fit! It's interesting to see that the US sold A2s to Bolivia. Anyone like to guess the make of the A2s? ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
Anyone like to guess the make of the A2s? ;)

Nice ... they have that leg o' mutton sleeve look, with the tight forearms like the A-1.

If they are US issued jackets, they can only be Werber.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
Perhaps the 33-1729 contract?

Yes, the first contract with snaps on the pockets, the next contract (also Werber) being 1936.

I'll have to get me one of those early patterns, with the skinny wind flap ... but I'll do without the breeches.

better duck

Peter Graham said:
Strange fit of those jackets, especially the guy on the left.

Strangely built guy. "Stocky" if ever I saw one. Because of wearing the A2 over a service dress, there is no "the look" left. Strange guys, those Bolivians...