• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BOGEN TENENBAUM AN6552 Size 42

Peter Graham

Wow, that's the nicest Navy jacket I've ever seen. Sometimes these jackets lack a bit of character but not that one.

PaulGT3

I really didnt think I would like these jackets much, till I got a LW Foster G-1 from Goodwear. I was
shocked by the fit and the look, they are works of art. Maybe its because I worked 30 years as
a Naval Scientist and I see these jackets all the time until I had a beauty in my own hands to look
at, I never really appreciated it much, until now. That one is a beautiful example of this breed of jacket also.

TankBuster

Great jacket! I'm sure this one will fetch a premium now.

I've noticed the price of nice larger size WW2 Navy jackets is on the rise.

Stony

That is a nice jacket. The patina on the leather looks a lot like the B-G Inc. 55J14 I used to own. The collar is also killer looking. I'll be watching this one.

m444uk

Do you think the jacket has had a recent reline and label ? It looks inconsistent with the wear on the leather.

buzzthetower

Administrator
If you look very carefully at the original jacket, you will see how it would be impossible that the jacket was relined. That is 100% original - no sewing outside of how it came from the factory. Some linings last better than others, and this one is in very good condition.

I've owned three of these jackets, and they each had different lining colors (brown, light brown, and a light burgundy). The material on each was very strong and two had basically no breaks or damage. Not all Navy jacket were made with thin rayon. Note the light red nylon thread color.

It's definitely not my label, either. I can tell exactly why.

John