• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Anchor L-2B

Peter Graham

I recieved this nice Blue Anchor L-2B just before Christmas. Thankfully, the knits are moth free. Both Crown zippers work perfectly and the only real sign of wear is the fading to the decal. When it arrived there was a splash of white paint on the front which I rather gingerly removed with cellulose thinners. It worked a treat. Here's a question for you nylon experts. Did the sleeve zipper originally have a leather puller ? If so, I'm sure I can easily make one. This is the second jacket I've bought from Thailand in recent months and neither package had a customs label. They both arrived customs charge free. Interesting.
l2b001-1.jpg

l2b005.jpg

l2b004-1.jpg

l2b002-1.jpg

l2b003-1.jpg

watchmanjimg

Congrats on another great score, Peter! Regarding your question, I'm not 100% sure if the Blue Anchor L-2B originally had a leather tab on the sleeve zip. I had one awhile back and I just can't remember. I can tell you that my Blue Anchor MA-1 with Crown sleeve zip doesn't have a leather tab; additionally, JC Chapman's CD-ROM depicts three such jackets and all lack the tab. However, the Japanese Blue Anchor repros appear to have tabs. My gut feeling is that you should leave this fine jacket as is.

greyhound52

I agree. I have owned about 4 blue anchor L-2bs to include the one I have now that never had a dry cleaning and still had the original inspector tag in the pocket and it did not have one. Excellent jacket by the way. I really like the blue anchors.

watchmanjimg

All L-2Bs are sage, but some of the earlier models have a noticeably different hue than the later versions.

Peter Graham

Chris217 said:
Wasn't Blue Anchor one of the first companies to get the contract for the L-2B?
As far as I know this is a first model L-2B. Tops Apparel were another company to produce the first model. The thing I really like about the early L-2B's and MA-1's is the contasting stitching, also the contrasting knits.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
As far as I know this is a first model L-2B. Tops Apparel were another company to produce the first model.

Yes, Blue Anchor was the first L-2B contract, and the only company to make the 7448A spec.

7448B was Rolen Sportswear, followed by the Tops Apparel, a year later.

Weasel_Loader

Nice grab Peter. By far the best early L-2B were the Blue Anchor for the simple fact of Crown zips.

Looks great! ;)

greyhound52

Peter to answer your question on the leather tabs on both zippers the Rolan I currently own which is almost mint is the only one that I have had that had both zippers having leather tabs. It is on John's CD if you have a copy.

Weasel_Loader

Weasel_Loader said:
Nice grab Peter. By far the best early L-2B were the Blue Anchor for the simple fact of Crown zips.

Looks great! ;)

I take that back. I guess Tops Apparel had Crown zippers also. There is an XL example on ebay now. ;)

ties70

Peter,

have you bought the jacket from the seller "kukkuyod"?

Just asking 'cause I got my Houston N-3A repro from him yesterday...didn't have to pay any custom fees, too.

Ties

Peter Graham

ties70 said:
Peter,

have you bought the jacket from the seller "kukkuyod"?

Just asking 'cause I got my Houston N-3A repro from him yesterday...didn't have to pay any custom fees, too.

Ties
Ties, the L-2B didn't come from "Kukkuyod" but my Buzz MA-1 did. Again, no customs charges.

Weasel_Loader

Peter Graham said:
Weasel_Loader said:
I guess Tops Apparel had Crown zippers also. There is an XL example on ebay now. ;)
Looks like a nice one Danny. Are you considering it ?

Nope. I'm too fat for original early L-2Bs (even in XL). :roll: I do have my eyes on something else though. ;)