• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bloody irritating...

They are all reproductions, none are vintage, the guy is full of crap, and the art work at that price is marginal. You could do better with someone at VLJ.

unclegrumpy

6148th T.C.Squadron said:
They are all reproductions, none are vintage, the guy is full of crap, and the art work at that price is marginal. You could do better with someone at VLJ.

Yep.

a2jacketpatches

I've always had a problem with this guy just for this reason. He buries everyone else with this stuff claiming they are old, funny thing is that he's always coming up with new ones.

EMBLEMHUNTER

I have also questioned this guy on his "supposed" WW2 era patches , claims they were done by relative during WW 2 , if that's so why do they look so "New" let alone poorly done detail/color wise etc .................

I could do any of the ones he's posted for $50.00 each total including postage , ANY of them and many others your choice and they would be far more accurate too ..........................

Some people just don't realize that we know faked/repros when we see them ......................

JDAM

Here's the response:

Dear
I had a long talk with eBay on just that. You see I have a lot of patches
that were painted by my dad in the service, the 331th..
That were done for
vets. as you know most aviators did not have patches until after the war,
this is why so many were made of leather and canvas. also I am painting
them and it is my art work and it is a copy name. My art is original and
new plus my dad and I am a collectors so I have a lot of patches on my sit
that were cut off of jacket and some we had picked up in the 50's and 60's
at military stores. SOME of my patches are marked repros on my site but for
other reason, but mainly I am selling my original art work. When I have a
leather or canvas patch listed by another artist it is a repros, and this
is how eBay thought I should list them.
all leather and canvas ww2 patches
are repros no matter when they were made because they were made by guys
like my late dad. He past on 3 years ago at age 92 and I am 70 and a
aviator in the Vietnam war like my dad.
Thanks for asking
Danny 17th avn
gp. Army

a2jacketpatches

An aviator in Vietnam? Uh Huh! I'm not sure this guy could fly a kite. Anyway, looks like he's talked / convinced himself into something legit. Not sure what but I don't believe that to be a real problem for collectors. Even newbies could see through these stories. But I have always seen an overwhelming amount of these patches on Ebay cluttering up space with loud obnoxious photos. The bright and colorful U.S. Flag may actually help the eyes drift away from the patch and help sell what few he does move.