• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso...next sale period? Who else offers discounts?

Serghei87

Dear All,

I remember that Bill Kelso had recently 15% discount on all the jackets on their website.

Do you know how often he does it and when it could be the next sales? Maybe after Xmas? Is it always 15%? More would be better haha

I am just curious to know how many companies are doing actually discounts on their jackets and how often. I heard that ELC does not do at all so i guess they are out of picture :)

Thanks!

mulceber

Well, I’ve been in this hobby for 2 years, and BK has had a sale both summers. Both times there was one around July 4th iirc, so I think it’s just a summer thing for them. If you don’t want to wait, you could always order from Platon, who basically is selling BK jackets at a steep discount.

Aero has their ongoing quartermaster sale, where they sell jackets that they don’t think are up to the standard of their main line of jackets.

mulceber

I’ll also throw in a plug for keeping an eye on eBay, the Buy/Sell sub-forum here, and Eastman’s classifieds section. There are some great deals out there for jackets you’d never THINK of buying new, if you’re willing to wait, and especially if you’re a relatively common size.

Serghei87

I’ll also throw in a plug for keeping an eye on eBay, the Buy/Sell sub-forum here, and Eastman’s classifieds section. There are some great deals out there for jackets you’d never THINK of buying new, if you’re willing to wait, and especially if you’re a relatively common size.
For the moment i am looking in second hand yes because the budget is limited but i was curious to know how often the brands are having discounts for the poor souls :)

mulceber

For the moment i am looking in second hand yes because the budget is limited but i was curious to know how often the brands are having discounts for the poor souls :)

BK’s sales probably aren’t worth waiting for then. The 15% sale is nice, but it doesn’t reduce the cost by much more than $100. The other options will probably be significantly cheaper, even for a used Eastman.

Last edited: