• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso Gordon & Ferguson M422a

m444uk

00182b2f.jpg

I doubt BK turnover is high enough to require VAT registration.
Maybe excess lard requires a different US pricing regime :?: :?

Jeff M

Jaguar46 said:
I see Bill Kelso is selling the Gordon & Ferguson on Ebay for $900. Plus $48 shipping. Totaling $948.

But the cost on the Bill Kelso website it is 600 Euros ($750 Dollars). Plus 40 Euros shipping ($50 Dollars). Totaling $800 Dollars. $148 Dollars less.

Is the Ebay jacket different in some way? If not why the discrepancy? Does Ebay charge that much comission for posting? Does Greece have a VAT?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-422-Jacket-Go ... 43b2f66963

http://www.billkelsomfg.com/site/#!gordonferguson

Just curious.

It's called "it pays to be an educated buyer".
The price creep is a bit disheartening..........

A

Anonymous

Hi,
No, the reason is that BK doesn't want sales via ebay.
They want to lead the customer to the website where they can buy cheaper. They are using ebay for advertisement only.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
Hi,
No, the reason is that BK doesn't want sales via ebay.
They want to lead the customer to the website where they can buy cheaper. They are using ebay for advertisement only.

Not sure that's a great move. If people see the different prices, they may get confused or upset over it. Again, I don't own a business, so I'm just puttin' thoughts out there...

2BM2K

I agree with ButteMT61. Not a clever thing to do.

Make the Ebay price the same as website price and put the costs involved down to advertising.

Jeff M

2BM2K said:
I agree with ButteMT61. Not a clever thing to do.

Make the Ebay price the same as website price and put the costs involved down to advertising.

Better yet....send me one of every one of the jackets you make in each of the different leathers you offer. I'll wear them around town. :D