• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to clean Pilots Dress Hat/Cap

oose

Hi all,
Just picked up this B-47 pilots 'farts and darts' Cap, its in fine condition just a little bit grubby, just wondered if any of you had an idea as to the best way to clean it was.

thanks
stu

DiamondDave

Great looking cap. As a milliner, I would recommend a good brushing, with the porous, rectangle "hat cleaning sponge". This works wonders on most types of wool caps as well as beaver felt caps. I would also remove the chinstrap and give it a Lexol or Pecard's treatment. Of course you can always get a hat brush as well, but I think that it tends to grind in the dirt and not clean as well.

Cheers,

DD

This is the sponge that I referred to:

http://www.sheplers.com/hats/hat_accessories_care/101392.html?Source=Froogle

oose

Hi Dave,

Thanks for help, Hat came up a treat, sorry for not posting earlier, its been a hectic day today! I've posted a few pics on my blog (see link below). I'll post some pic of the whole hat once I find my hat block.
Once again thanks for advice.

Best wishes

stu

DiamondDave

Stu,

Just checked the blog...That looks the business now!! Wow, I knew that my advice would work, but thank goodness you had a really nice basis, on
which to start. The cap looks great, and I am glad that I could help.

Cheers,

DD