• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beltring War and Peace Show 2010

bobbyball

Is anyone planning to go to Beltring this year? It’s on from 21-25 July.

I try to get there every year and sometimes there are some nice A2s around – can be very pricey though. I find it good for US Army cloth and field gear – bought a named M42 officers field overcoat to a Major in the 10th Armored very reasonably last year – complete with liner and hood.

I have a friend who stalls out there each year so I will be around on the Wednesday through to Friday. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know. If the weather is good it is a great day out.

Regards, Bob

A

Anonymous

Bob, I used to go every year 'til 3 years ago. It got too expensive and more family and less collector oriented. Especially with Ebay etc where one doesn't have to wait for Stonleigh or Beltring to get those bits one really wants.

I might give it a whirl this year. Head down on the Thursday or Saturday. But it's no longer an annual thing for me.

Which stall holder will you be with ? I'll drop by and inflict myself on you for 10 mins ! ;-)

Cheers,
Dave

havocpaul

I'll be there as usual on the Wednesday as I get a free pass from my friend who stalls out all week, haven't picked up much in the past few years but always hope to find a nice jacket and maybe pick up a good reference book, whether I'll get to be able to walk round all the stalls will depend on my failing leg!

bobbyball

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Bob, I used to go every year 'til 3 years ago. It got too expensive and more family and less collector oriented. Especially with Ebay etc where one doesn't have to wait for Stonleigh or Beltring to get those bits one really wants.

I might give it a whirl this year. Head down on the Thursday or Saturday. But it's no longer an annual thing for me.

Which stall holder will you be with ? I'll drop by and inflict myself on you for 10 mins ! ;-)

Cheers,
Dave

I need to check the row and number but I will let you know. We are usually behind and to the left of the big top (I know!)

I will be taking down a few jackets and some AAF sunglasses. I am on the lookout for an A-11 wristwatch. I have been lucky with US Army cloth jackets and last year I got a really good M422a very very cheaply.

havocpaul

I'll be looking for a very good original RAF battledress jacket with insignia and maybe some history, not the many 'faked' and badged-up examples that appear on eBay so often.

bobbyball

Hi everyone,

It is confirmed, I have done my marital duties so superbly that I will be at Beltring from Tuesday through to Thursday. Looking forward to meeting anyone who does manage to make it this year – work and private life have been so hectic recently it will be a great chance to draw breath and spend a few days rummaging around old stuff.

Havoc Paul – you asked about an old price list from Ken Calder’s thrift shop so if you are there I will give you a copy, it really is amazing what he had back then and I wish I had the money back then.

I will be in row N5 (which is sort of in the middle of the main field) with a couple of chums so we will have a few bits there. I am having a clear out of old repro stuff and will take a few bits along – Beltring can be great or so so - just depends on the weather and what dealers you know but is always fun.

Should be interesting seeing all the Dutch guys who for reasons best known to themselves delight in wearing Waffen SS gear !? Oh well, each to their own. :eek:

Look forward to meeting up and always keen for a chat.

havocpaul

I'll be there on the Wednesday morning so will drop by and see you, thanks for the Thrift Shop price list which I'll pick up from you, that'll bring back some memories!