• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beer G-1 with Greyhound Patches

Stony

Just acquired this 7823C G-1 in a size 40 today. A bit unusual as the owner sewed Asahi and San Miguel beer patches to the jacket and that would make some sense as he was stationed in the Far East. Also on the jacket are a C-2A Greyhound and VRC-50 patch. For those that don't know, the Greyhound is the plane the Navy uses for transporting personnel and supplies to and from carriers. This guy was AME 2 on the Greyhound and he gave one me of his name plates that had never been sewn on a jacket. I have never seen a Talon zipper on a G-1 of this era and the big "T" on the stop is kind of cool.

Measurements as follows.....

Armpit to armpit across the front: 20 1/2"
Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 25"
Shoulders across the back: 18"
Back from collar to end of waist: 24 1/2"

beerg1.jpg

beerg1label.jpg

vrc50patch.jpg

greyhoundpatch.jpg

beerpatches.jpg

beerg1knits.jpg

beerg1talonzip.jpg

beerg1knits.jpg

Stony

I got some more information from the previous owner about the beer patches and he said he worked in the rigging shop, so he was able to sew the patches on himself. He also said he wore the jacket while on duty in Japan, so the mucky mucks didn't give him a hard time about the patches.

bebel

I like these patched jackets and this one is particulary original. Thank you for sharing.

Franck