• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedbugs ?

B-Man2

Close, no cigar in the crossword.* ;)

*Wait! Judges ruling -- I see there are 3 different spellings, so points returned to Burt (depending on the answer of the cross-clue. :p).
Oh but sir …. You asked for the “Mash “ episode version which was VANTZ .
However , the normal spelling of the word is “VANTS”
Note : (Both versions obtained from Wikipedia as I am not a member of that ethnic group):)
Maybe someone else here has more experience with Yiddish .

Thomas Koehle

Oh but sir …. You asked for the “Mash “ episode version which was VANTZ .
However , the normal spelling of the word is “VANTS”
Note : (Both versions obtained from Wikipedia as I am not a member of that ethnic group):)

The german word for those guys is "Wanze" - sounds similar ...

Pilot

A real problem for the coming 2024 Olympics.. and swimming in the Seine river! Promised to OC..and advised to the „ greeny“ world.
BS!
No more little things… the real problems .
The Clown party in the Elysee Palace , with their 1001% optimism and false statements which will fire back latest in 9 months. Maybe earlier.
Shame and disgrace (disgusting)

Last edited:

Chandler

I always "used" the vontz spelling, but I'm not a tribe member either. I asked my wife if it was one she knew, but is only familiar with the usual terms like mashuga and verklempt. :D

And your admission of cheating via Google takes points away. I never saw the actual episode titles* on MASH until one of the nostalgic books came out at the end of the series. Vontz stuck in my head because of the scene itself. ;)

*https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0638237/

Appears the name of the episode is "38 Across." If we trust IMDB as much as we trust Wikipedia. :cool:

Last edited: