• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Bazooka Charlie's" jacket

FlakMagnet

I've never heard about the exploits of Maj. Charles "Bazooka Charlie" Carpenter in WW2.

Amazing story.

Digging his private purchase jacket too.

267765669_10159481165075560_9092965551155847188_n.jpg
5ddc623eac472.image.jpg

Pilot

Kermit3D

Brice, I don't know anything about this jacket. I just know that resistance fighters are often seen wearing it.
I didn't know that this jacket had anything to do with the Vichy government and the CJF. But how did this jacket become so popular in the Resistance? Were the jackets stolen/captured by Resistance fighters?
I'm very curious to learn more.

Pilot

Brice, I don't know anything about this jacket. I just know that resistance fighters are often seen wearing it.
I didn't know that this jacket had anything to do with the Vichy government and the CJF. But how did this jacket become so popular in the Resistance? Were the jackets stolen/captured by Resistance fighters?
I'm very curious to learn more.
The reason… reverse your jacket…”retourne ta veste”
They kept what they received issued and simply changed side..happened so often in every conflict.

Kermit3D

The reason… reverse your jacket…”retourne ta veste”
They kept what they received issued and simply changed side..happened so often in every conflict.
Yes, I can imagine.
Thank you very much for this explanation and for the link (above).

Pilot

After 1945 they were called “ terrorists” or Vietminh or Fellaghas, Vietcong or Taliban….. defending their homelands from an unwanted occupation..
I was involved against the Taliban “ Maquisards-Resistance “… ugly… very ugly…