• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATS IN THE BELFRY PART TWO

ciddu

This seller in the short description od the jacket seems to be very careful to suggest things without any real commitment, and doesn't state anything that could be reported or contested afterwards.
He just states that:
- the jacket is a WWII "Type A2, AIR FORCE" ... as printed on the jacket's label.
- that he's got the jacket from his father
- that his father (not the jacket) was in WWII.

I'm afraid that's difficult to question by the words - at least according to ebay rules - in spite of his obviously deceitful purpose.

Jeff M

ciddu said:
This seller in the short description od the jacket seems to be very careful to suggest things without any real commitment, and doesn't state anything that could be reported or contested afterwards.
He just states that:
- the jacket is a WWII "Type A2, AIR FORCE" ... as printed on the jacket's label.
- that he's got the jacket from his father
- that his father (not the jacket) was in WWII.

I'm afraid that's difficult to question by the words - at least according to ebay rules - in spite of his obviously deceitful purpose.

The add is sly..that's why I specifically asked him if the jacket was from WW2 when I contacted him...to which he replied yes.
But....eBay probably won't see his reply to me.

Peter Graham

I really don't see why you are all getting your panties in a pickle. What does it matter ? No one here is going to buy it and if someone does then it's their own fault. Everyone lies nowadays to line their pockets, from the government down. You just gotta be aware and avoid it.

a2jacketpatches

Peter Graham said:
I really don't see why you are all getting your panties in a pickle. What does it matter ? No one here is going to buy it and if someone does then it's their own fault. Everyone lies nowadays to line their pockets, from the government down. You just gotta be aware and avoid it.

You're right 100% Happens all the time and if I went trolling Ebay for it right now, I'd find a hand full of things to scrutinize in no time. I wouldn't even stop to look at such a jacket enough to see if he misspelled a word never mind misrepresent it. But they are brought up here all the time. And when a guy blatantly disregards good info after I (personally) give him the benefit of the doubt that it's a simple mistake, I gotta give him a little crap about it. See, I'm a pillar of the Ebay community that is constantly being encouraged :lol: to adhere to new rules and policies that dckheads like this bring about. So for the most part, I'm very aware, do avoid it, and certainly don't hunt them down. But I have run across similar situations while browsing patches and other things I'm interested in, when something stinks, I bring it up here.

PaulGT3

Some of us still believe in principle. And just because some swindler won't put the truth, doesnt mean some young lady or someone like her,
has to get burned trying to get a nice present for her Boyfriend/husband/father or grandfather because she doesnt know about the forums.

Peter Graham

PaulGT3 said:

Some of us still believe in principle. And just because some swindler won't put the truth, doesnt mean some young lady or someone like her,
has to get burned trying to get a nice present for her Boyfriend/husband/father or grandfather because she doesnt know about the forums.
Oh dear oh. I'm sure that your principles are bristling at the thought of some "young lady" being ripped off. Five minutes research on the net would reveal the truth. If said "young lady" would be willing to spend £1000 on a $30 jacket then it's her own fault. I said no one would buy the jacket. No one did. No surprise. I've been on this forum in it's various incarnations for over a decade now and the ebay police are never far away. I'm so bored of them. I don't mind if it's an original jacket with well faked art. By all means alert us if you have the knowledge. I'll tell you what, Mr five Good Wear's in a month and have to give up your 911, why don't you start at the letter A on ebay and tell us about all the fakes and rip offs. Last word on ebay police on this very forum. Recently two members conspired to defraud an ebay seller by convincing them that an original A-2 was a repro and to lower the price. What do you think of that Mr principle ?

Jeff M

Peter Graham said:
... Recently two members conspired to defraud an ebay seller by convincing them that an original A-2 was a repro and to lower the price. What do you think of that Mr principle ?

If you are referring to the situation I think you are, I may not have all the "facts" but I don't recall it being as cut and dried as that.

In any event, the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right" comes to mind.

Peter Graham

Jeff M said:
If you are referring to the situation I think you are, I may not have all the "facts" but I don't recall it being as cut and dried as that.
I know Jeff. It wouldn't stand up in court, but knowing one of the members involved, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

a2jacketpatches

Let's open a can of worms, huh? Didn't sell anyway but my panties are a little twisted now.

I once got some factual info on an African spear head that I had listed as a Civil War pike head with question marks, as if I wasn't sure. And I even invited anything to better ID the item. I figured this way I'd get to the facts without looking like I was intentionally misrepresenting the item. After reading the input, I went directly to revise the listing and it was already reported and removed. Don't remember exactly, but I think I lost my top rated seller status for a month because of it. So pardon me if I see a zero feedback pulling some crap and try to do something about it. Ebay is my living and I'm there at least a few hours a day.

PaulGT3

Peter Graham wrote:
I'll tell you what, Mr five Good Wear's in a month and have to give up your 911, why don't you start at the letter A on ebay and tell us about all the fakes and rip offs.

Geesh pettiness doesnt become you. As far as two member ripping off a buyer, I have no clue on who that was and I have no clue on why you would come down on me. Do you dislike people who work hard?

Peter Graham

PaulGT3 said:
Peter Graham wrote:
I'll tell you what, Mr five Good Wear's in a month and have to give up your 911, why don't you start at the letter A on ebay and tell us about all the fakes and rip offs.

Geesh pettiness doesnt become you. As far as two member ripping off a buyer, I have no clue on who that was and I have no clue on why you would come down on me. Do you dislike people who work hard?

I'm very sorry. I'm really angry about a lot of things these days and sometimes it comes out in the wrong way. I should really stay of this forum for a while. PM sent.

A

Anonymous

The guy that bought the indian patch for over 400 is returning it after contacting Ron over at Flying Tiger Antiques. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)