• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

badly listed Eastman redskin B-3

ausreenactor

Was going to put on a bid for 384.99, but thought that would not be nice.

Knew exactly how much I would have to bid to win, but figured why cost someone else more money..

If if the fit aint right I reserve first offer!!

Couchy!!

Jason

Gosh, looking at the bid history, entering an equal winning (precedent) bid 24 seconds ahead of the other bidder - that's luck! Enjoy that one when it arrives.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Jason said:
Gosh, looking at the bid history, entering an equal winning (precedent) bid 24 seconds ahead of the other bidder - that's luck!

Actually it made no difference, as John's earlier bid still won. The second bid would have been higher, and will teach the sniper not to bid in round figures.

John Lever

This is a bitter victory[ pyrrhic ?] I was outbid the day I went to Austria for a holiday, so I entered a higher bid and registered to receive a text if I was outbid again. In the meantime I bought and paid for an ELC A1 thinking I had lost the auction.Friday came and I was texted to say you have been outbid and would you like to bid again by mobile ? [ cell]the price was then £385 which I thought was too much, so I let it go. I come home to find that an unregistered bidder had had he/her bid cancelled and that I was in fact the winner at £300 ! Confused yet ?
So I have now bought two jackets total cost £720 where I had only hoped to have bought one resulting in a large hole in my finances.
If I decide to sell it or am forced to. It will be here.

Just checked why the other bid was not valid

Bidder 5 New eBay Member (less than 30 days)No longer registered with eBay Cancelled: £409.00
Explanation:Administrative Cancellation Bid:25-Jul-08 06:17:46 BST
Cancelled: 25-Jul-08 10:24:22 BST
Bidder 6 New eBay Member (less than 30 days)No longer registered with eBay Cancelled: £455.00
Explanation:JUST REGISTERED TO DAY, UNPROVEN, NO FEEDBACK, ITEM TO BE SOLD IN UK ONLY Bid:25-Jul-08 16:13:34 BST
Cancelled: 25-Jul-08 17:44:58 BST

The ultimate sniper, appear, bid and then disappear...

John Lever

Arrived this morning. Grant and Josh, you are correct these jackets are amazing. This one's a keeper.As it's seen some use and is worn it's even better. May have to sell something else though. Might sell my LW B3 as I never ever wear it.
Will post some pics soon.

jacketimp

The ultimate sniper, appear, bid and then disappear...[/quote]

ultimate sniper.........how about.............SS, as in stealth sniper.........

SS as in shadowy sniper

GS as in guerrila sniper

H & R.........Hit & Run....

glad things work out AOK in the end, john!

HHjackets

John Lever said:
How can someone unregistered bid anyway ?

i remember they were registered at the time of bidding.
the first one got 'unregistered' by ebay
the second one's bid was cancelled by the seller, the bidder was still registered but then he got 'unregistered' by ebay too.

they are both probably the same person. they've both bid on something in:
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Men's Accessories > Briefcases

John Lever

I feel sorry for the seller on this one. The final price would have been higher without these shenanigans. I know I won the auction by the rules, but the whole thing should have been cancelled and re- posted.