• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back Again

Waco CG4A

Appreciate allowing my old hide in the forum again. I was a member of the old one for many years enjoyed the conversations and discussions regarding the finer points of the repro jackets. I have been fortunate to have and have had jackets from The Real McCoys New Zealand, Eastman, Lost Worlds (Don't know if there is still controversy over his jackets but they are well made almost bullet proof and I like the one I still have), U.S. Authentic of which i sold the one I had and somewhat regret because it was a well made jacket, Gibson and Barnes Historical horsehide A-2 a quality jacket made not to any WWll manufacturers specs but one I would be caught dead in. Besides the fact the A-2 is one of the best looking and coolist jackets ever made my interest began when I saw an old picture of my Dad in the jacket. He was a crew chief on a Waco CG4A Glider. 61st Troop Carrier Group- 59th Troop Carrier Squadron. His unit dropped the 82nd Airborne in the invasion of Sicily, Normandy, and Holland . If any of you live or get close to Lubbock Texas, The Silent Wings Museum, all things Glider, is worth the time to stop and go through it. I was able to take my Dad there. When we walked in the museum and he saw the restored Waco CG4A glider it was like he was back 55 years he stood looking at the glider for at least 10 minutes and I know
remembering the time. I am an Army Veteran (1969-1972) my Dad could not believe I didn't go into the Air Force instead of the Army....as usually my Dad was right ...damn as usual.