• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 jacket and NAF 11680 jacket, Gizemo’s

Dany McDonald

They want what they have seen on Japanese magazines, or American movie / TV shows. And some of them , get ‘evolution‘ , start seeking original pieces or, better quality reproductions

Interesting, a parallel can be made with the evolution of quality with the manufacturing of scale models. 25 years ago Tamiya (Japan) use to be the benchmark by which Chinese company and modellers measured their quality. Today we get very highly detailed and well design/research kits on par with others, form HK and the mainland.

So with time and demand the local crowd and maybe export will eventually apply pressure for better and detailed (Original +++) garments.

Looks like Gizemo has already embarked on that ride and has Buzz and RMC as their benchmark.

D

Shanghai-Mayne

Exhibition their new items, NAF vest, NAF jacket, 1st and 2nd type tanker and B10s.
IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5756.jpeg
IMG_5757.jpeg
IMG_5758.jpeg
IMG_5759.jpeg

JonnyCrow

Interesting, a parallel can be made with the evolution of quality with the manufacturing of scale models. 25 years ago Tamiya (Japan) use to be the benchmark by which Chinese company and modellers measured their quality. Today we get very highly detailed and well design/research kits on par with others, form HK and the mainland.

So with time and demand the local crowd and maybe export will eventually apply pressure for better and detailed (Original +++) garments.

Looks like Gizemo has already embarked on that ride and has Buzz and RMC as their benchmark.

D
Dany don't forget the good Hasegawa kits, they're still going but yeah the Chinese are getting there

Dany McDonald

the Chinese are getting there

Man that's a done deal, China is already producing some of the very best kits, planes and armour.
I personally know that they contracted modellers (the very best) from EU to fill the gap quickly.
Knowledge that those enthusiasts brought into the developpement department made them leap forward pretty fast.
They also started ''versioning'', not being afraid of perfecting and correcting molds as production when along. Tamiya or Hasegawa would never do that.

D

Shanghai-Mayne

Shit those guys are really serious.

Again the B-10's, I see two different iterations are very nice.

And the fact that they dare show originals in their advertisement is quite telling.

Go Gizemo I guess. Now I need to understand Tobao!

Dany
They didn’t give any explanations, but I guess, those jackets are samples from different stage during develop work.

They gonna sell NAF and tanker jacket next month, so, B10 must be sometime after Nov.

asiamiles

Most of them ,they are ’Amekaji’ fan , it’s how Japanese pronounce ‘ American Casual Ware ‘.
They want what they have seen on Japanese magazines, or American movie / TV shows. And some of them , get ‘evolution‘ , start seeking original pieces or, better quality reproductions.

If the recent news is to be believed, Xi may soon outlaw such 'unpatriotic' clothing in China!

asiamiles

Does Xi have any problem with manufacturing the said 'unpatriotic' clothing for the rest of the world?
I'm guessing he probably would, though no point us trying to understand the reasons and thinking of some evil despot.
Get ready to get measured up fir your new ' Mao ' jacket haha joking ;)
Xi may not be laughing at your 'joke'. Scary times.