• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 jacket and NAF 11680 jacket, Gizemo’s

Dany McDonald

I was just proposed some guidelines from my colleague, he says, top the amount to 100$ and try to buy from eBay (China to Canada in our case), this way the seller is responsible for shipping, like he will go the post-office himself and actually put the box in the mail. That way the content and declaration is directly tied to him the seller.

Avoid any proxy or in-betweens at any cost, that's where it gets risky. According to him the problem lays in the declarations papers, they can be complicated etc. Something most company's, Gizemo (?) included, may not want to deal with for now.

His best practises would include and individual of trust in the mainland that resend the box to you.

Wish I was aware of this and shared before it all went sour for Greg.

D

xmr

Well, very annoying that the jacket was stolen. I never had a bad experience buying from china (I'm using CSSBuy and Superbuy). My Gizemo jackets arrived 24hrs after I placed the order on taobao in the warehouse and I had them shipped the day after. They arrived 2 weeks later with no customs/tax to pay. I'll be definately buying from them again.

I don't know hat "had to be shared" before Greg's order. It's not like parcels from china gets stolen all the time (I never lost one single parcel) - but I lost like 5 here in germany (an ANJ4 from Pike just disappeared for example) . But this doesn't stop me from buying in germany.

AFAIK Superbuy accepts Paypal - you could open a claim there if you used PP.

Shanghai-Mayne

IMG_0589.jpeg
IMG_0591.jpeg
IMG_0586.jpeg
IMG_0590.jpeg
IMG_0588.jpeg
IMG_0587.jpeg
IMG_0585.jpeg

Greg Gale

OK, here's the outcome of my story:

Superbuy was kind enough to investigate, they were really helpful. But the postal services weren't. China and Hungary are pointing at each other, and everyone says I can't prove that I didn't take the jacket out of the box myself. The only accepted proof would have been to open the box in front of the mailman, and making a video of it. very realistic...NOT.

They say it was probably stolen at the customs. At this point I'm sooo utterly disgusted by all postal services as well as government agencies, corrupted thieving basterds...

Superbuy gave me around 10% refund, but I can only use it on their site. I really want the jacket, but I just lost 350 bucks, and I don't trust the parties involved anymore.

F-in disgrace...

Pa12

Superbuy was kind enough to investigate, they were really helpful. But the postal services weren't. China and Hungary are pointing at each other, and everyone says I can't prove that I didn't take the jacket out of the box myself. The only accepted proof would have been to open the box in front of the mailman, and making a video of it. very realistic...NOT.

They say it was probably stolen at the customs. At this point I'm sooo utterly disgusted by all postal services as well as government agencies, corrupted thieving basterds...

Superbuy gave me around 10% refund, but I can only use it on their site. I really want the jacket, but I just lost 350 bucks, and I don't trust the parties involved anymore.

F-in disgrace...
Sickening. What a world.

Brettafett

Greg, Im terribly sorry to hear this and feel your frustration and anger. I would be fuming!
Did you purchase on Credit Card? Could they not help in some way?
You ordered and paid for an item that never arrived...

I was considering one of these, dep on your feedback, but Im not going anywhere near this now.

Greg Gale

Nobody is willing to help. Giving it more thaught, now I'm sure that it was stolen by a seasoned veteran thief (customs office). A Petty one would have stolen the package, but he knew there would be an investigation. And if the empty box is delivered, nobody can prove that it was empty.

Shanghai-Mayne

Gizemo made a sweatshirt for Lighting magazine 30th anniversary , only sell in Japan
You may find what it look like, on Clutchman TV channel (YouTube).

IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2360.jpeg

Shanghai-Mayne

Chief editor of Lighting magazine, he purchased an original USN sweatshirt at 1990s (see first pic) , for last 20 years he wanted to make an accurate copy of that sweatshirt, but various Japanese factories told him ,that gonna be too complicated to build and cost big money , estimated price was more than 100000 JPY a piece, basically a RMC A2.
Last year, he happened to know Gizemo , after half year’s work, Gizemo give him the sample show in second pic.

IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpeg

veli1

F-in disgrace...
I'm just reading your story/experience and i "feel your pain". Something similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago. A forum member from the USA sent me his used A2, shipping destination EU. We both waited cca. 4 weeks for this parcel to arrive to my hometown. When it came i was called from the post office to pick it up. When i got there i was asked to pay cca. 130 euros extra on top of the jacket price/worth and the parcel was declared as 200 USD worth of used clothes/jacket. It was almost double in taxes. The clerk told me with the "stone cold face" : you want it or not? I mean what i was supposed to do? In the past since 2009.y i had some transactions with the Japan and USA sellers and in not one case i was eligible to pay taxes/duties. I said "what the fu*k* and payed the tax/duties. I think that my package was opened because it said on the note "from the USA". One shitty post office clerk obviously thought that this parcel contain some expensive stuff...