• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-6 fit

Pa12

I’ve had an Elc b-6 for several years now. It has an annoying habit of hiking up when I sit, especially in the car. Collar comes up almost to the top of my ears. I was curious as to wether this is a common trait for the b-6 or maybe the Elc b-6?. It’s not a case of breaking in as I’ve worn it for several years now.

Pa12

Hade an Elc roughwear a-2 that would do it too. I think it was because the top sleeve openings were large(low armpits) so when you lift your arms at all it lifts the whole jacket.

Chandler

I have an old (basically) mall coat (that's actually a decently made leather coat) cut similar to a B-6 that rides up when it's zipped up and you sit down. It's the cut.

FWIW -- my ELC 1401 doesn't ride up when sitting.

Pa12

I have an old (basically) mall coat (that's actually a decently made leather coat) cut similar to a B-6 that rides up when it's zipped up and you sit down. It's the cut.

FWIW -- my ELC 1401 doesn't ride up when sitting.
Hmm. Maybe the size. Mine road up like crazy. But my gw doesn’t.

Pa12

The b-6 is a good fit. My Elc 1401 was always baggy. Good for lengths etc but baggy sleeves. My gw is much less baggy and a much better fit.

Chandler

The b-6 is a good fit. My Elc 1401 was always baggy. Good for lengths etc but baggy sleeves.
Gotta be the ELC vintage -- I could never call my 1401 baggy in any way.

Mid to late-90s vintage. Veg-tanned horsehide.

Pa12

Gotta be the ELC vintage -- I could never call my 1401 baggy in any way.

Mid to late-90s vintage. Veg-tanned horsehide.
Mine would have been around 2014. And most of the colour was gone in 5 years. My previous Elc house jacket was a much much nicer jacket

Chandler

We should start a 1401 ELC thread where everyone can post their jackets from over the last 30 years. I'm sure it will be a huge range of looks!

It would also be interesting to get input from either ELC or HPA on what's been sold over the years.

Kermit3D

Yes, the B-6 rises a little when you are sitting (in a car for example). Nothing really annoying but I noticed that too.
The cut of the B-6 is quite long so I think it's inevitable.