• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-3

John Lever

Thanks Andrew, great condition apart from the flaking but after 70 years not bad !
The label just looked new to me.

Roughwear

It is not unusual to have new looking labels in minty B-3 and A2s etc.. John. This size 40 original is from Aero's last contract for B-3s, 43-13616-AF. I believe it was the only contract to have re-positioned and smaller waist adjuster straps. Shame it's not a size 42.

Roughwear

It will be too small for you John. It will fit a 36-38" chest, but really it should not be worn often, just kept as a collectable!

Roughwear

RCSignals said:
Is it normal for the waist straps to be riveted like that?

It was not normal on B-3s other than this contract. I have seen rivieted waist straps on some D-1s for example.

Grant

John, Don't go by a size label. I've seen B-3's labeled one way that fit completely different than labeled. I would be concerned about any B-3 that was kept on a hanger. That's probably the worst way to store a jacket with that kind of heft.

John Lever

Given it's age the condition is stunning. I agree with the sizing though as it would be designed to fit over under garment layers.
I tried the questions link but it just goes into an ebay loop.

Roughwear

It is well known that the sizing of B-3s, A2s etc.. varied from contract to contract and within contracts and of course the actual dimensions are needed if one wants to wear this B-3. What I have found with B-3s is that the sleeve length on size 40 B-3s is often too short for me compared with size 42s. I didn't realise you were on the look out for an original B-3 John. ;)

Grant

Hey John, seller only ships in the US, that might have something to do with why you can't ask questions. I sent the dude an email asking for measurements - I'll let you know what he says.