• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-3 vs Irvin

Andrew

johnwayne said:
....... I have an old MGB roadster (1972) but I'd feel a plonker bombing around in that with the top down, in the cold!

Cheers
Wayne
Cool Wayne. A fellow B owner. I know what you mean as it is a little bit of a cliche but after 14 years of ownership if it's cold enough I have no hesitation. Mines a '69, yeah baby!
DSC_0256.jpg

Dr H

I don't know Wayne, when I had my Sunbeam Alpine Series V, I took every opportunity to drive around with the hood down and an Irvin on. :D

Peter Graham

With the arrival of the Irvin from Paddy I am now in the happy position to have a decent example of both jackets so in the near future I'll do a head to head comparison test. Watch this space. :)

JDAM

omarco said:
Roughwear said:
JDAM said:
B-3 for any purpose other than riding a bike or flying a plane.

Please explain why you hold this view?

because the B3 looks better? ;)

They both look terrific. The Irvin just rides a bit high and is (as designed) best when in a seated position i.e. plane, bike, open top car etc. The B-3 fits better for a stroll or when loitering on a street corner.

Roughwear

Yes, some Irvins do ride a bit high, but others are longer in the body, such a Wareings jackets. I like both designs, but find the Irvin a more practical jacket for everyday wear.

JDAM

Roughwear said:
Yes, some Irvins do ride a bit high, but others are longer in the body, such a Wareings jackets. I like both designs, but find the Irvin a more practical jacket for everyday wear.

You wear an Irvin everyday!? Please explain why you think it's more 'practical' than a B3?