• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-26 Thumper II

ties70

Hi,

I am at home currently, trying to get over a nasty cold....the good thing is that I am able to catch up with some work, especially some long overdue patches.

Despite that, I found some time to finish my latest "canvas" project.
After "Der Fuehrer's Face" (which my wife liked more than expected), I started something that was kind of "kids safe". Who doesn'tlike the old Bambi characters...so my choice fell on the B-26 Thumper II, flown in the 441st BS, 320th BG by Lt. Chris Steir.

ThumperII.jpg

Thumper in detail:

Klopfer.jpg

Best regards

Ties

dujardin

Ties.............

what an amazing paint
splennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndid

i don't found the good words to explain my feeling
amazing

a pure beauty

congrats for your art
marcel

Andrew

Beautiful confident brushwork as usual Ties. I really like the strange mixture of patch/ jacket art and aviation art, and I think it's more justified than painting up aluminium panels to look like they're off a plane. These are obviously not. I'd certainly be happy with one of these.

ties70

Andrew said:
...strange mixture of patch/ jacket art and aviation art...

Andrew,

thanks a lot for that characterization, I really like the "strange" :D !!

There are some great aviation illustrators / painters out there...and I have to admit that I could never achieve their photorealistic style. My picture is more a mixture of cartoon styles, with a nose art bunny and patch on a nose art plane. The plane itself is then heavily weathered (modelling techniques) to give it a battle-weary appearance....which is done a little over the top but adds to the cartoon-ish overall impression.

It is no great art but I like it (and so do you, apparently).

And the best: It so much fun to paint this stuff!!

Take care

Ties

TankBuster

Great work Ties! I wish I had half the talent you do!

I would love to have a couple nose art paintings done. I have some jacket groupings that include original photos of the pilots nose art on his plane. I always thought it would be way cool to display with the jacket!

Andrew

TankBuster said:
I would love to have a couple nose art paintings done. I have some jacket groupings that include original photos of the pilots nose art on his plane. I always thought it would be way cool to display with the jacket!

Now that's a great idea.