• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15D Question regarding aging.

A

Anonymous

Not really into nylon but I have a like new sage B-15D. Is there a way to get rid of that shiny new look? thanks for any feedback.

deand

Assuming it's not an orginal, and I'm pretty sure this would work, you could spray it with a matte acrylic sealer. Not sure if cracking would occur, so I would test spray some material first, but I am pretty sure it wouldn't. I used acrylic matte sealer to stiffen hats and caps and no negative results so far. It should dull it down and would be waterproof. The fumes would require you doing this in a well ventilated area, of course. If original, or a Buzz, or RMNZ, etc., no way would I try this. Really, I like the shine. I think those really cheap Rothco MA-1s have a duller finish.

dean

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, the jacket is not a high end repro that I'm playing aroud with.