• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-15 with patches...

jnlight75

Well, the jacket looks to be non-issue: no offset zipper, no wind flap, and missing the smooth lining material above the waistband. It certainly looks to be old though. These type of jackets were certainly popular after the war, but not sure many civilian market B-15s would have actually been used during the war. Others here are far more expert on the patches.

Jeremy.

a2jacketpatches

Patch looks very modern to me, as if done with paint pens and aged with Kiwi brown shoe polish. Details are done with a fine pen of some kind. Not sure about the name tape, not a good enough pic.

dmar836

I agree. That patch appears artificially aged for sure. It also has that freshly sealed, very uniform and unworn, varnish topcoat look to it.

Well, this will show what the "trusting" community is willing to pay by turning away the tuned eye and what there is to gain from ignorance or dishonesty.

JMO,
Dave

a2jacketpatches

It is a cool design and would look great in the traditional Italian style of incised leather. I've got some great tooling goatskin but would want an ID before spending the time on it.