• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 Flight Jackets from Quartermaster-Belgium. Thoughts?

ausreenactor

Re: B-10 Flight Jackets from Quartermaster-Belgium. Thought

dujardin said:

That is a Spearhead Militaria jacket. Godars Inc is their Paypal name for invoicing purposes. I would assume that these B-10s are all out of the same factory in China, and the details are modded according to the retailer's wishes. The decal gives them all away. Position and text font are identical on all of them.

CBI

really, looks better than the Spearhead and cheaper but who knows. I ordered a large (44) today. With hot water, drying, aging, sleeve taper, I think I can get what I want for a little more than a 3rd of a new ELC (half of a used one) . I also really like this color. We will see, it will be fun. I should be able to mess with the decal as well. If money were no object I might go with something else but as little as I will wear it and my enthusiasm for B-10's vs. other jackets, this should work.

I would love an original but I am not willing to pay the going rate.

I will post pics once the "work" is done.

Dr H

CBI said:
really, looks better than the Spearhead and cheaper but who knows. I ordered a large (44) today. With hot water, drying, aging, sleeve taper, I think I can get what I want for a little more than a 3rd of a new ELC (half of a used one) . I also really like this color. We will see, it will be fun. I should be able to mess with the decal as well. If money were no object I might go with something else but as little as I will wear it and my enthusiasm for B-10's vs. other jackets, this should work.

I would love an original but I am not willing to pay the going rate.

I will post pics once the "work" is done.

I'm looking to do the same thing here John (I like the general look and the price of this one too), but I'll delay until you're done and follow your lead if you don't mind?
You've had far more experience with ageing jackets and as we're pretty much the same size (including sleeve length) the size that you choose and the amount of taper used would be informative.
Cheers
Ian

CBI

Update, my Quartermaster B-10 arrived. Not bad really, less poof (actually, no poof) and more convincing than At The Front. A good jacket for the money. Not in the Eastman class by externally in the range for less than 1/2 price of a new ELC. They DO run very small. The guy at QM suggested I go up a size which I did and the fit is spot on. I am getting the sleeves shortened and then some pics. My only issue is that I was hoping to tweak a little with hot water, dryer maybe but the jacket fits perfectly now and I would not want any shrinkage. Yes, it IS a bit short but the measurements coincide with some originals.

Yes, its the same co as Spearhead for less and free shipping.

Pics soon

ausreenactor

I got a 42 from Spearhead off eBay today. Impressed with the jacket for the price. One of Sean's leather 82nd patches will cover the AAF roundel/decal, enhancing the jacket exponentially. Very impressed with their kit across the range. Two thumbs up..Wish I went a 44 though.. Road runs GO!

CBI

Glad you like yours ausree........

I never followed up with pics. Yep. these are excellent jackets, particularly for the money.

However, I have found the more I wear it, the more I feel the length is just a bit too short.

The measurements listed seem to be in the range of some measurements I had for originals. I would have loved 2 more inches.

I hope this is not an issue for you.

"Short" sized guys.............go for it.

ausreenactor

CBI said:
Glad you like yours ausree........

However, I have found the more I wear it, the more I feel the length is just a bit too short.

"Short" sized guys.............go for it.

Just had another 'wear'. You're on the money... Fine with a flight suit or coveralls!!

CHECK6

HI,

It's a real warm jacket ,i've been in most of the BATTLE OF THE BULGE events in the Ardennes this december and it kept me warm ,the only "problem" is the length,but when have a look on ww2 pictures ,a lot of the jackets are also short!!!But this jacket was originally made to be worn with flight trousers or flight suits ,and the period pants were high waisted so .....

For sure this B10 is my winter best friend!!!!! :D

CHECK6

shedonwanna

here are two photos of my dad and crew wearing their jackets with and without flight gear. these were taken in late 1944.

zhz44

I am willing to buy this one as well. But I am not sure about the sizing...

I have 17"shoulder, and 35.5 chest, should I go for size small? But according to the measurements on their website, the size small is actually a size 38 with 21inch shoulder and 22inch pit to pit, sounds like too large for me. But they say the B10 runs smaller, so, the 38 should fit a 36 guy right?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Oh, and Happy New year to all of you

ausreenactor

I'd go for the 38, if not the 40 if I were you...

CBI

this brand runs small. when I told the seller I wanted a 44 which was marked as a L on the website, he told me to size up to an XL. Again, caution, they run short. I know these were to wear over flightsuits and high waisted pants BUT. Many period pics look like the length was not as short as these. Zipper length on my 44 is 20 inches.