• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aviation art Print

art of a2

Does anyone know anything about my aviaiton print?

I've had it for a while (cira 1980's) and fankly forgotten I had it! as it is still rolled up in it's transportation tubee. Anyway, I was looking in the loft the other day and guess what I found. It is a signed print by crew and crew chief and other people associated with the 'Memphis Belle' by T. Weddel. Can't seem to find too much information on the net. about this print or artist. The artist name is not familiar we me/us folks in U.K.

Anyone got any ideas?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Only a basic bio, but searching "Memphis Belle" "Tony Weddel" will bring more results.

Award winning artist Tony Weddel is best known for his stunning aviation subjects. His works can be seen in museums and private collections worldwide. Tony is equally adept with subjects that include landscapes, portraits, technical illustrations, cartoons, box art, book covers and murals.

Two of his best-known murals are a 180' x 60' wall at the Museum of Sports History in Grand Prairie, Texas depicting the Indianapolis Raceway with A.J. Foyt's race car in the pit as the centerpiece, and another at the Memphis Belle Memorial Museum in Memphis, Tennessee.

art of a2

deeb7 said:
Only a basic bio, but searching "Memphis Belle" "Tony Weddel" will bring more results.

Award winning artist Tony Weddel is best known for his stunning aviation subjects. His works can be seen in museums and private collections worldwide. Tony is equally adept with subjects that include landscapes, portraits, technical illustrations, cartoons, box art, book covers and murals.

Many thanks for this. I have now seen much more of this artist work. Quite nice. I guess all these signatures add to the value some what but I don't know by how much..

art of a2

art of a2 said:
deeb7 said:

Found a copy of this print on ebay..260424905378