• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI G1 latest production run

Thomas Koehle

Gentlemen,

I initially owned a G1 size 46 outta the first production run already but had to send her back in due to some issues with the zipper

Although the jacket was pretty well worn already Morten offered my either to give me a discount on the old jacket and provide a new zipper (improved run) or - if I wanna wait - one of their "improved" G1`s out of the latest production batch

well I decided to go with the new production run ...

"old" version front
0yP75aD.jpg

new version front
SDLZ55C.jpg

old version back (zipped)
DbxP9Al.jpg

new version back (zipped)
klDwWGR.jpg

new version unzipped
qBdMyrp.jpg

xpixmBP.jpg

The easiest differences to recognize is the graining of the leather and color of both mouton and knitting

the knitting is now brighter and no longer as strong as on the initial version - feels and looks better to me now and still strong and durable enough also for motorbike tours - downside the sleeve-knits have a seam right now which I was told was not the case with originals?

PjRtwOk.jpg

unCwczN.jpg

the leather seems to be softer to me than on the 1st jacket I had and the graining / structure looks a bit more uneven which is more attractive to me coz looks more natural - color is a thad darker

VOqHiLP.jpg

G7wBVkJ.jpg

even though I haven`t worn her daily she is already developing "personality" on the sleeves which I really like

bottom line for me: the only thing I liked more with the jacket of the 1st production batch was the mouton collar - looks too plain to me on the replacement jacket - but overall I like the "NEW" G1 more than my first one ...

All is just my subjective impression / opinion ...

Finally: if you get a brandnew G1 from AVI avoid to wear white shirts underneath for the first couple of times, I had a pretty remarkable color-transfer from the liner to my shirt

Thomas