• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention members in Europa: Where are these trousers from?

Tim P

Re: Attention members in Europa: Where are these trousers fr

Not German.
the label suggests Norwegian to me. if not then thereabouts... :?

flyboy

They may be dutch (The Netherlands)
All though not an expert on dutch or flemish, my guess is that "MAAT" means size or measure.
(It's definitely not any scandinavian language.)

Edit: Just checked on google translate: MAAT is dutch for SIZE. There you go!

dujardin

not sure but this could be a belgian trouser

i think Check6 may confirm

Willy McCoy

Thanks Marcel! Let me know if you have access to replacement buttons.

dujardin

if Check6 confirm it's a belgian trouser, for sure you will receive replacement buttons

Fabrice.... à l'aideeeeee :lol:

jack31916

Willy McCoy said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-CARGO-UTILITY-TROUSERS-BUTTON-FLY-FATIGUES-PANTS-/390175743906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad8495fa2

I have no clue what country these are from. I have a pair like these (only longer) and they are quite nice/practical. They are double walled and very adjustable. Mine are missing some buttons, so if I knew what country they are from the better the chance to find some.

These are post-war Dutch Army trousers based on the U.S. Army M-1943 uniform (layers) system. Trousers are made of a waterrepellent fabric and were supposed to be worn over the Dutch pattern herringbone twill trousers during faul weather and winter.

M.v.O. stands for Ministerie van Oorlog = Ministry of Defense / War Department. The buttons are correct for these trousers and easy available. I have the big and smaller ones if you like....

These trousers are getting harder to find but the price is a bit steep.

xt40

they have no front pockets or belt loops and are very expensive.
have a look at bundeswehr moleskins. they are similar but more practical

a2jacketpatches

Here's some that I think may fit in here. The tag says 42 and is the only marking I can find, the fabric is a type of HBT, and the knees have a type of cord stitched within the reinforcement that can't be for comfort when kneeling, actually a little painful. Also, there is no top button on the fly, it is stitched with only pull strings to tighten the waist.
oddtrousers001.jpg

oddtrousers002.jpg

oddtrousers003.jpg

oddtrousers005.jpg

oddtrousers005.jpg

oddtrousers006.jpg

oddtrousers007.jpg

oddtrousers008.jpg

ghq1

a2jacketpatches said:
Here's some that I think may fit in here. The tag says 42 and is the only marking I can find, the fabric is a type of HBT, and the knees have a type of cord stitched within the reinforcement that can't be for comfort when kneeling, actually a little painful.

I have an OD Danish fatigue jacket with red on white spec tag and "DANMARK" on the shoulders that has this same sort of net/cording/rope grid inside the shoulders and back - I figured it was for warmth like the Scandinavian thermal rope undergarments. Jacket looks sorta like US M-43. Funny as I've never seen the trousers until now!

Army navy Deals has the Danish set:
http://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/brwscat.asp?catid=2112&cname=Denmark

Willy McCoy

jack31916 said:
These are post-war Dutch Army trousers based on the U.S. Army M-1943 uniform (layers) system. Trousers are made of a waterrepellent fabric and were supposed to be worn over the Dutch pattern herringbone twill trousers during faul weather and winter.

M.v.O. stands for Ministerie van Oorlog = Ministry of Defense / War Department. The buttons are correct for these trousers and easy available. I have the big and smaller ones if you like....

These trousers are getting harder to find but the price is a bit steep.

Hey, thank you for the information! The nomenclature tag on mine look exactly like the one pictured in the eBay auction right down to the year of manufacture except the size on mine state "82X90" but fit like high waisted Levis 34X38's. Much longer than the label states. There are buttoned straps inside the pant leg that allow you to roll up & secure the pants so you don't drag them through the mud/soil. Comes in very handy in swampy situations. There is some amount of hydrophobic qualities from an extremely high thread count. A very comfortable and practical trouser. I will have to get some buttons from you via PM. Thanks!!

xt40 said:
they have no front pockets or belt loops and are very expensive.
have a look at bundeswehr moleskins. they are similar but more practical

I personally was bugged about the lack of front pockets until I got them in the field. I found the position of the two cargo pockets with ample room for items and hands. I find they will work well with braces (M-50's). As it stands now they fit like a glove with no belt or braces. They have quite a bit of adjustability.

flyboy

@ A2jacketpatches:
The trousers are danish. I know for sure.
Why?
They were part of my daily uniform, when I did national service way back in 1967.

a2jacketpatches

1967? I was a twinkle in my daddys eye. Thanks, I did find them to be designated Danish Combat Pants M58

CHECK6

dujardin said:
if Check6 confirm it's a belgian trouser, for sure you will receive replacement buttons

Fabrice.... à l'aideeeeee :lol:
NOT BELGIAN ,the belgian army trousers were were close to uk army cut ,as one large pocket on le left leg ,one (for the earlier type)first aid field dressing pocket on the upper right leg ,and two back pockets. :? if that can helps!!!!
Fab