• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF Service Shoe, Type II sizing.

dadgad

I need some advice regarding ATF Service Shoe, Type II sizing.
They say that the shoes run half a size larger so a 10 is a 10,5 actually but what I really do need to know is that 10 which European size really is compared to, their chart lists that US 10 is an European 43 but rather generically;
so in the end I need someone who has this product telling me something.

Thanks

dadgad

I asked directly to them...you wouldn't believe what they did answer me...

first answer: Yes for the USA size that would be what you need a size 10.

second answer after a further question regarding the wide

"...I answered best I could if you are not sure either may be get both sizes and sell the other pair to a friend."

They have lost a potential new customer, my friends included...

unbelievable

JDAM

This is a common problem experienced by many hundreds of thousands of people. Best you can do look at the myriad of Euro/UK/UK/Japanese foot size comparisons that exist online, and failing that do exactly as they suggest and buy a pair. I'm interested, if you were in their shoes (excuse the pun) how would you deal with your request for information?

dadgad

JDAM said:
This is a common problem experienced by many hundreds of thousands of people. Best you can do look at the myriad of Euro/UK/UK/Japanese foot size comparisons that exist online, and failing that do exactly as they suggest and buy a pair. I'm interested, if you were in their shoes (excuse the pun) how would you deal with your request for information?

The myriad of Euro/UK/UK/Japanese foot size comparisons that exist online led me to this confusion.

I was entrusting on their experience about size conversion.

I thought that someone before me could have asked them something similar.

I find myself every given minute of my working time answering to similar questions coming from our costumers, if I had to hear one of my staff answer that way I would immediately fire him.

Anyway, back to your question, I don't sell shoes that's why I was asking them.

The tone makes the music.

Thanks for your interest JDAM.

JDAM

okeydokey, I would go for a size 9 or 9.5 US as they are quite roomy and a 43 (8-ish Uk) should be fine. But everyone's feet are a bit different old chap. Good luck.

RCSignals

There is not much consistent in shoe sizing from one manufacturer to another, and size comparison charts I've found are not precise.
It's not easy.

dmar836

Agreed. I have this issue with cycling shoes. Euro sizing vs US size and then it depends on the manufacturer. Chinese-made and Italian(best IMO) cycling jerseys are tricky as well.
Let us know how they fit.
Dave

jschare

I ordered a pair from SM Wholesale and received them last Monday. I normally wear an 8.5. I talked to Steve who told me to get a 9. They are marked an 8 but fit like an 8.5 or 9. I have a little room to spare. Very well made boots.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
jschare said:
I normally wear an 8.5. I talked to Steve who told me to get a 9. They are marked an 8 but fit like an 8.5 or 9.

That sounds complicated, you would think they would simply say their boots run a size large. :?

dadgad

deeb7 said:
jschare said:
I normally wear an 8.5. I talked to Steve who told me to get a 9. They are marked an 8 but fit like an 8.5 or 9.

That sounds complicated, you would think they would simply say their boots run a size large. :?

In the end, if you order a 10 they deliver you a marked size 9 pair that fit like a 10 :?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dadgad said:
In the end, if you order a 10 they deliver you a marked size 9 pair that fit like a 10 :?

Yeah, I hate being second guessed ... I hope they have a good returns policy. :)

dadgad

dmar836 said:
Agreed. I have this issue with cycling shoes. Euro sizing vs US size and then it depends on the manufacturer. Chinese-made and Italian(best IMO) cycling jerseys are tricky as well.
Let us know how they fit.
Dave

I got the boot today, they are marked US size 9 wide EE and they fit like an US 10 and are not that wide actually, with an inner sole the fit is just about right.
They are made well enough for the price, I was expecting a thicker leather than it actually is.
This goes for a much comfortable short term wearing and break in but I suspect a quick deformation.

My vote 7,5/10