• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF Roughout Service Shoe.

dav3469

I ordered a pair of At The Front's roughout service shoe last week, and they arrived today.

I thought I would post some pictures, and make a few comments.

I am really pleased with these boots. The construction seems very well done, and in wearing the boots for a few hours this afternoon, I don't think it will take long to break them in.

I have not seen a pair of the higher priced repros out there such as the BR. But for the price, I think I would be hard pressed to find fault with the ATF boot.

I normally order a 10.5 or 11 and have a wide foot, but with these being built on a "wide last", I followed ATF's suggestion and went with a 10. They fit well, and I even have ample room in the toe area.

The only downside so far is in the area where the tongue is sewed into the side.. it produces a small ridge where the seam is joined, which did put a bit of pressure over the tops of my feet, and bit in a little. Not a deal breaker, and even after an hour or so it was breaking in ok. I don't think this would be an issue with everyone, as every pair of boots I get I have some issue in that area due to the shape of my foot.

Here are the pictures:
IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

I've been considering a pair of these boots--thanks for the review and the pics. Does anyone have any experience as to how they wear and age?

stubbyeighth

RudyN

I bought a pair from ATF, however they are the USMC Boondockers. I have worn them a couple of times only and so far they are pretty darn good.

Burnsie

RudyN said:
I bought a pair from ATF, however they are the USMC Boondockers. I have worn them a couple of times only and so far they are pretty darn good.
I also got the USMC Boondockers during a sale 3 years ago - 3 years of regular (several times a week) wear and apart from a new set of laces last year they are holding up great.

Andrew

Burnsie, could you possibly post a shot of the BD's please. Just want to compare them to the wider variety.
Thanks

jack aranda

Hi, dav3:
Those are good-looking boots. I'm happy to hear they fit and wear well as I have a heckuva time finding any shoes that do both. I just bought a pair of Chippewa work boots that may be the most comfortable shoe I've worn. Here's a link:
http://www.boots99.com/order/chippewa/25290.htm

The ATF Roughouts look as though they may be a little lighter in weight, which is appealing. They sure look great. Thanks for the pics and the review. There may be a pair in my near future... :)

Burnsie

Leadsky said:
Burnsie, could you possibly post a shot of the BD's please. Just want to compare them to the wider variety.
Thanks
Here you go - 3 years old with hard regular wear and no treatments:
boots3.jpg

boots2.jpg

boots1.jpg

Burnsie

Just got a pair of the roughout service shoes - partly to compare with the Boondockers and mostly because I could use a new pair of work boots.
They are really nice, and if they wear as long or as well as the Boondockers I'll have them for a while.
Also, ATF now has a really nice color catalog!

Burnsie

Happy Hooligan said:
very nice... are you missing an eyelet on the boondockers?

I just got my ATF catalog yesterday in the mail...
Yes! It's mentioned on their site that they had one run with mis-sized eyelets several years back - didn't bother returning mine though...oh well!