• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artisan wanted: Custom patch, original design

jack aranda

I have admired the artwork created by the members here, so much so that I began to think about what sort of patch I might like for myself. I've mentioned before my idea for a 'tip-o'-the-hat' patch to one of the movie icons of my youth--Godzilla. A couple of members expressed some interest in designing the patch, but, we never really got going on it. And, I've been distracted by small mountain ranges of school papers to grade, write, and spill red ink over so I've let the whole notion slide.

But, I'm serious about the patch. And, I'm serious about a real commission to do a real patch. I'm willing to pay the going rate for a job well done. Perhaps one of you know an artist outside our community who does custom patches, who'd enjoy a modest challenge in translating my ideas into a painted leather roundel. I can supply images of the various elements of the patch, and colors, and text. If any of you are interested in the project, or, if you know a person, or a small company who does custom work please contact me.

Thanks. And, especial thanks to the two members who did make initial contact. I do appreciate your willingness to extend yourselves and offer some ideas and first approximations of the goal.