• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone seen this?

johnwayne

Had this as a pop up on FB! Looks amazingly good albeit a bit over the top patched and paint wise but….£47.00 with poss discount on top!!
Other stuff they have looks pretty cool too however, checking out company info it shouts ‘very dodgy’ being HongKong based but must say it’s tempting at such a low price!!!
1E50A92D-D702-485A-8F43-CFD75CC44E81.png

Flightengineer

There was once a discussion here about scammers who “sold” jackets for a quarter of the price using photos from McCoy and Eastman’s websites... but for £47 - that’s something new

johnwayne

Oddly it says in the description under ‘material’ - cotton! The back is painted too and yes Dubow rang out to me too (can’t see the label clear enough but looks like my 27798 original!!) and they do offer a lot of other ‘nice’ looking gear.

917_k

There’s a very high probability that’s not the jacket you will receive, or anything like that. There’s loads of these spammy clothing stores based in China, where the product shown (usually to entice you) is nothing like the actual product. I can’t remember if it was here or somewhere else, but someone bought an A-2 from one of these companies and what they received was laughably bad (faux leather and totally crap).

Elsewhere, I know someone who bought a pair of WW2 style British wind proof trousers (the brushstroke camo type) from a similar seller and again, the product they received (the seller had used a photo of a genuine pair of windproofs) was only good for the trash. They were basically thin fancy dress type polyester over trousers.

There’s a reason why the prices are low…

johnwayne

I got stung a few years ago over some top tier UK made shoes and after pulling the trigger had those nagging doubts, consulted my bank who confirm indeed the co was a Singapore based outfit and money immediately stopped. However, emails came thru stating delivery dates etc and a package duly arrived but a bit small for shoes - snide Ray Bans! This outfit however has gone to a lot of effort I must say but as soon as you delve a bit more you notice things like the labels retouched etc., delve deeper to see they’re in Hong Kong.