• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone seen this before-AN-J-3 Arnoff Mfg

Roughwear

This 1944 fiscal year contract awarded to Arnoff MFG Co. was one of the smaller ones for AN-J 3A jackets. It is a very rare contract and should get snapped up quickly.

Dr H

My first vintage leather jacket was one of these - in the same contract - before I appreciated smaller contract runs and could size jackets properly (mine was in lovely condition and named, but way too small!).
Would still have another AN-J-3A if I could find one in a 44.

Roughwear

Chandler said:
Why is the nomenclature tag so low?

Do you mean the contract number? If so Block and Monarch had lower contract numbers for AN-J-3A and AN6552 jackets earlier in the same year.

Chandler

Roughwear said:
Do you mean the contract number?

No, I meant the physical position of the whole tag -- seems rather low on the inside back of the jacket. They're usually closer to the hanger -- at least from what I've seen.

Chandler

Looking closer at the other images, though the one of the back could have an odd perspective -- the back view seems to show the tag much higher... hmm. Red flag?