• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone recognize this Luftwaffe repro?

John Lever

Is it a repro ?
Thought it could be one of Ingo's but his don't have lower pockets. From the photos and the label I would say buy it if it's your size.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Well crap ..... I looked at it earlier, even translated it, now they want me to log in.

Must have figured out that I'm a foreigner .....

FtrPlt

Definitely a repro. Size 40 (European) would translate to a size 30 US. The label is a known fake. Bar these, the jacket torso length is modern cut (too long). Wartime biking jackets were considerably shorter and the overwhelming majority of original leather LW jackets were brown, not black.

asiamiles

Thanks for the info...so this label can be found on other repros? Seller isn't claiming it to be original, so no deception here. Any idea who made it and if so what the quality is like?

I'm not sure the jacket is that long for it's size, which I think might be larger than a 40...maybe I'll ask about the chest and shoulder measurements.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
I'm not sure the jacket is that long for it's size, which I think might be larger than a 40...maybe I'll ask about the chest and shoulder measurements.

The seller has already had the waist taken in by quite a whack .... alterations would be putting me off.

I originally translated with Google, and the text was incomprehensible. Babelfish fared better ...

It was sold with the shop as dead stock of the flight jacket of the German federal troop. But the tag is something in the great war and in order to correspond to the human of thing and all somatotypes that widely, thing and the size inscription where the number after the 194 is not stated in production years are 40 and English and system, it is thought that it is the great war replica due to the military clothing manufacturer of the country of Germany or the neighborhood from the fact that among other things explanation is received that thing and the shop which are made are something of the German troop from ahead wholesale trade. The leather is easy to move while but to be very much thick it is to be strong, very softly, is. Size exact size is arrival height 60, sleeve length 65, waist girth 108. By the way waist girth to make roundness around the abdomen have strangely, 120 because excessively it was awkward, at the leather product special reform store tailoring it has had correcting that it is. Sum total \ about 65000 it did. We ask with the no claim no return.