• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a Good Wear Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552?

ButteMT61

Was looking at this today. Wore my ~1961G-1 last night, and I really like the comfort and looks. I know it will take ~2 years or so, but wondered if anyone here had one, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?
Anyone who doesn't own one can chime in as well - not much I know about it, but sure looks amazing!

1643655364123.png

SuinBruin

Well, I just bought that exact jacket from Marcus. According to John, it was made ca. 2013 with "Indian goatskin, which is a little bit thick and stiff." So a more recent example may be cut slightly differently and/or use different hides.

Having owned the jacket for 3 days, I will say this... it is as well-made as any other GW jacket I've seen (no surprise there). The leather is heavy, the stitching near perfect, the mouton collar is a pleasing shape and color (I don't care, for instance, for Eastman's USN mouton collars, which I find too pointed), the blackened zipper is a nice touch, the lining feels heavy and high-quality (and slips on much easier than the cotton A-2 lining), the maker's label looks great, & the knits are high quality wool.

As for wearing, the jacket is easier to wear than an A-2; the action back restricts movement much less. The button pockets are less practical than the snap pockets of the A-2, but there is an inside snap pocket which is quite convenient for phone, etc. The cut is fairly trim, however, even trimmer than my A-2s. It's cut normally in the chest (46" for a size 44), but it tapers more towards the waist.

Overall I give the jacket a huge thumbs up.

ButteMT61

@SuinBruin - wow - I saw the sale post after I posted this. Just now got back to reply. That is too weird, but glad you got it and like it!
I really wanted a Perry or A-1, so if I put down a deposit, I have plenty of time to change my mind I suppose.
Thank you for the info - please feel free to post up any pics or thoughts as you get more time in it.

Cheers,
Scott

ButteMT61

Thanks, @johnwayne - I'll think about that too. I thought I might just go for the "final grail" jacket and get one for my son as well. Kinda the perfect end of the road type thing.
I do also have to sell off a couple that I have.

It's sorta like when I sold my last motorcycle 5 years back - at some point, you realize there's more days behind you than ahead, and you need to think a little differently. Hard to do as I've been riding since I was ~10 years old.

Realistically, I can't begin to wear out the jackets/boots/gear that I have now, so I should think more smartly, if possible ;)

CBI

awesome looking for sure.

Yep, an A-1 is also an option but make sure you are totally onboard with the capeskin options. Its hard for even the premium guys to source really super cape.

ButteMT61

awesome looking for sure.

Yep, an A-1 is also an option but make sure you are totally onboard with the capeskin options. Its hard for even the premium guys to source really super cape.
Was thinking of looking for a thin(ish) horse hide for an A-1. Still sitting wondering why I need to even think about another jacket. But I agree, cape is an odd duckling compared to horse and steer...and goat.

Members online

Latest posts