• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone got photos for this one?

A

Anonymous

I believe it's the 4th Bombardment Squadron or at least a variant of it, maybe unofficial. This photo will suffice if need be but I remember seeing a couple of others with slight variations. Always thought it was 3rd Pursuit, please inform if you can elaborate.

And thanks to all for the feedback on my recently posted repops, As time allows, I'll post more with details on how they were done.

Thanks, Sean, a2jacketpatches

005.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

This patch is actually a type worn by Chinese pilots who we worked with, it is the design for the 4th Bombardment Squadron of the C.A.C.W., it was worn by Tex Hill I believe but not actually "A.V.G." related, if you google the CACW and look up thier units they had both Bomber and Fighter units and thier own unit emblems for them,the 4th was under thier 1st Bombardment Group.
CACW stands for Chinese American Composite Wing.
Johnny

442RCT

That patch is featured on a jacket in a two page spread in the Cockpit/Avirex book, "Cowboys of the Sky". It's on page 52-53.

The patch on that jacket looks like one you'd make, it's a pieced leather patch. The caption states that A-2 is Jeff Clyman's (then owner of Cockpit-Avirex), personal favorite jacket.

This is a link to Flightjacket.com's version of the 4th BS (Provisional) patch, which imho isn't as visually pleasing as others I've seen.

http://www.flightjacket.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=281

442RCT

Silver Dollar said:
I knew I saw that patch somewhere before. I don't like that patch on flight Jackets.

Can I ask why you don't like that patch ? :?:

Over the years, I've either painted or acquired a hell'a lot of patches that I liked or just thought they looked kewl and planned to sew onto project jackets, but haven't yet. :lol:

Personally, I do like that patch a lot, (to me it looks like an abstract version of the 3rd Sqn AVG patch), and painted one for myself...never did sew it on anything though. :lol:

Silver Dollar

Whoops !! It looks like I didn't convey my message too effectively here. I definitely like the patch. What I meant was I didn't like the version they did on the Flight Jackets website. It's a bit too abstract for me. Sometimes when I type too fast, the shift key doesn't work so good so the "F" in Flight Jackets didn't get capitalized. Sorry for the confusion.